What's new

Eyup Sabri Tuncer

I don't see much love for Eyup Sabri Tuncer aftershaves on the forum. Doing a search (besides me) there are two or three other members that use it frequently, or at least occasionally. I'm guessing it may be due to folks just not knowing about it, so I'm here to change that...well...attempt to?

BUY SOME!!!

I recently picked up two bottles on the 'Zon for 10 bucks per bottle, and love it. I chose the No1 and No2, the latter being a floral scent that pairs very well with my MdC Rose, and MdC Original (lavender/mint), and the former being a cologne scent that would work with just about any soap.

Even better, I get the smooth face feel that I love, so there are (apparently) not a lot of stick moisturizing ingredients (haven't actually read the label, and I'm too lazy to get up right now, so I'm going strictly by performance/feel)...and it has just the right alcohol sting to let me know if my technique was bad.

Did I mention that I love this stuff?

(Thanks to @Multum in parvo for his recommendation 🙂)

Last edited:
They are Turkish, come in a 250ml plastic bottle and are clearly a budget choice. That is pretty niche for the common B&B member @gpjoe ;)

I love the floral/rose No.2

F87B126F-8FF2-44A9-B12A-A51E9B20B2A9.jpeg

The No.4 was too generic/drugstore for me

630B2E88-29E7-404C-8DA7-D37AF50C7A84.jpeg

I bought a glass bottle of their Tobacco scent, a few years ago. I've used it a few times and never really liked it. I thought the scent was very faint and not long lasting. Even though the price was reasonable, I thought it wasn't worth the money. Based on that experience, I never tried any of their other scents.

I bought a glass bottle of their Tobacco scent, a few years ago. I've used it a few times and never really liked it. I thought the scent was very faint and not long lasting. Even though the price was reasonable, I thought it wasn't worth the money. Based on that experience, I never tried any of their other scents.

I have only tried No1 and No2, so I cannot comment on the tobacco scent. I don't know if it is still offered.

I'm a big fan of classic and budget aftershaves. Most of my stash is current and vintage classics, and drug store brands like Old Spice and Aqua Velva, and of course Clubman, and the Tuncer aftershaves suit me just fine. Great performance, nice scent, and great value.

I know it won't be for everyone, just surprised not to see it mentioned more often.

The Tobacco scent is still available. It's on Amazon for a few bucks less than I paid for it a few years ago.

I use a lot of current drug store type aftershaves, and I think most of them are great. Skin Bracer, Barbasol Brisk, Aqua Velva, Old Spice, Clubman, even "the Veg." Of all of them, I'd say my most disappointing buy was the Tobacco Eyup Sabri Tuncer. I wanted to like it, but the scent lasts literally a few minutes.

Based on the experiences expressed here, maybe I should give the No. 2 scent a try.

The Tobacco (Tütün) is a Kolonya, though you can use it as aftershave, it is not really made for that purpose.

Kolonya is like a mild Turkish cologne water. The scent fades quickly on purpose. It is used to refresh the body and to sanitize the hands. People are greeted when visiting a person's home with a bit of kolonya in their hands, for instance. There might be several large bottles of kolonya in the home. There's not a lot of moisturizing ingredients such as you would usually find in an aftershave.

The Tobacco (Tütün) is a Kolonya, though you can use it as aftershave, it is not really made for that purpose.

Kolonya is like a mild Turkish cologne water. The scent fades quickly on purpose. It is used to refresh the body and to sanitize the hands. People are greeted when visiting a person's home with a bit of kolonya in their hands, for instance. There might be several large bottles of kolonya in the home. There's not a lot of moisturizing ingredients such as you would usually find in an aftershave.

That probably explains it, but I was still quite disappointed with it.

For whatever reason I can use 80% Kolonya like Duru or REBUL as AS and it feels good. There is nothing in there besides alcohol, water and fragrance but it works.

OK, I ordered a bottle of the #2 variety, you enablers! :laugh:

I wanted to replenish my aftershaves and this seems to be in the right ballpark.

If you don't like it, I'll buy it off you. 🙂

I never thought I would go for a floral scent, especially after trying the Veg, but I reach for No2 often, it has worked into my regular rotation.

When I read the title of this post, I was completely baffled.

It sounds like a Yorkshireman greeting someone with an Arabic first name.

"Eyup, Sabri Tuncer!"
"Hello, Mr Addlestone."
" 'Ow do up tut barber's shop, Sabri?"
"Very well. We have some interesting aftershaves in stock..."

Possibly only the Brits will have the slightest idea what I am talking about.

"Eyup, Sabri Tuncer!"
"Hello, Mr Addlestone."

Oi Sunshine! ;)

"Eyup, Sabri Tuncer!"
"Hello, Mr Addlestone."

1699552514491.png

Nar then!

Top Bottom