What's new

Which AS with rose soap?

I like a nice Rosewater with many rose-scented shave soaps. If the scent is too strong, I cut it with some witch hazel.

Myrsol "PLASTIC" :

It's supposed to have a Rose-like scent. I haven't tried it myself (yet), but other Myrsol aftershaves have grown on me lately.
Came here to say this, but I have tried it. It has a slight chemical smell to it when applied, but once it dries it's very obviously rose scented. I'm not a huge fan of the scent myself (it's a little too floral to me, reminds me of my grandmother's perfume), but the performance is fantastic (so I still use it from time to time).

Scent varies from one person to another. I like Pinaud Eau De Quinine with a rose soap. Not a 100% rose but close to my nose.

I like using Crimson Red by Sudsy Soapery with Rose. Also Twisted Rose, still by Sudsy Soapery, I did not like it a lot at the beginning but I am getting addicted to it and I find that it is a good pairing. Otherwise I just go with a citrus aftershave. 88 Chestnut by Declaration Grooming, Lime by Stirling, or a self made citrus aftershave.

Myrsol "PLASTIC" :

It's supposed to have a Rose-like scent. I haven't tried it myself (yet), but other Myrsol aftershaves have grown on me lately.
I’m a huge fan of Plastic Shave!

I’m going to hijack this thread a little to ask if anyone has any experience with Myrsol Plastic Rose Cologne? The only place I’ve seen it is GiftsandCare, who unfortunately don't ship alcohol-containing products to the US. I’d love to try it.

I’m going to hijack this thread a little to ask if anyone has any experience with Myrsol Plastic Rose Cologne? The only place I’ve seen it is GiftsandCare, who unfortunately don't ship alcohol-containing products to the US. I’d love to try it.

Hijack away 😄👍

If this becomes a useful source of info for ALL things rose-scented...even better.

Ditto here! .... I'd say road trip, but I think the car might wind up getting stuck in that big puddle ....

Myrsol Plastic Rose Cologne? The only place I’ve seen it is GiftsandCare, who unfortunately don't ship alcohol-containing products to the US. I’d love to try it.
In July, another BB member wrote he had put in a Myrsol order with a US based vendor, "Smallflower (Mertz Apothecary)", see

For me, Tabac AS is my everyday.

IMG_6129.jpeg

Catching up with this thread because I am about ready to purchase a tub of MdC Rose soap. Has anyone tried Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto aftershave. I found it on the Maggard's website and it sounds pretty interesting.
Scent notes: An accord composed of citrus top notes with lime, bergamot, rose, lavender, rosemary, geranium, lilac, middle centered on labdanum on top of patchouli, oakmoss and cedarwood base. Opens with a moody rose scent and then mellows into a amber and woody scent. Labdanum resin is blended with myrrh and benzoin for the amber character.

Natures Aid Rose Water. It’s very refreshing with a light fresh scent that fades quickly. There’s no sting and it’s not sticky.
I apply Natures Aid Rose Water following a splash of Thayer's Rose WH. All of this is followed with Geo F Trumper Coral Skin Food. Usually shave with Trumper's Rose cream about every two weeks.

I don't remember where, but I posted it somewhere else, I am using Stirling Unscented after shave splash. 100ml, with 20 drops of Rose Geranium essential oil and 1 gram of menthol. I find it a perfect pairing with this soap.

I apply Natures Aid Rose Water following a splash of Thayer's Rose WH. All of this is followed with Geo F Trumper Coral Skin Food. Usually shave with Trumper's Rose cream about every two weeks.
I used a couple of tubs of Trumper’s Rose Cream, then switched to Truefitt and Hill Rose and used that until it was discontinued several years ago. I’m using Cyril R. Salters Wild Rose Cream now. It’s closer to Truefitt and Hill than Trumper’s, colour and scent wise, and it’s very good.
I used Coral Skin Food for several years, switched to D.R.Harris Pink Aftershave, and for the past couple of years I‘ve been using Natures Aid. At around one sixth the price of ‘Pink’ it’s very good value for money.

Top Bottom