What's new

Which AS with rose soap?

Love my Mdc Rose (love ALL my MdC soaps 🙂) but I'm never sure which AS to pair with it.

I've pretty much thrown in the towel and just go in any random direction, usually opting for an old standby like Old Spice, Avon Spicy, or even Ice Blue.

I'm not necessarily looking for a floral or rose AS, just curious what you use with your rose soap.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Thayer’s has a Rose witch hazel I like to use after a shave with some rose scented discontinued Klar Kabinett I have left over from years past. While rose scented soaps are fleeting in their scent which allows any aftershave to pair well, As of late, I have been trying out Floid The Genuine aftershave and it’s old world barbershop scent seems to pair as good or better than any other splash I guess? :)

D.R. Harris Pink

How is the face feel? I prefer smooth to sticky.

For example, I really like the citrus smell of Lucky Tiger but being more of a "tonic" it leaves my face a bit tacky.

I like a bit more alcohol and less aloe or glycerin.

Thayer’s has a Rose witch hazel I like to use after a shave with some rose scented discontinued Klar Kabinett I have left over from years past. While rose scented soaps are fleeting in their scent which allows any aftershave to pair well, As of late, I have been trying out Floid The Genuine aftershave and it’s old world barbershop scent seems to pair as good or better than any other splash I guess? :)

Yeah, can't really go wrong with an old-school classic. I still may try a rose scent for occasional use...most AS doesn't linger anyway.

You could always use rose water. Or rose water blended with witch hazel. My grandmother went through gallons of rose water back in the day. Always reminds me of her.

The Thayer's rose witch hazel recommendation above is a good one IMO. I love to use it after Haslinger's sheep milk soap (old formulation, haven't tried the new one) which has a very delicate scent that is hard to define.

Natures Aid Rose Water. It’s very refreshing with a light fresh scent that fades quickly. There’s no sting and it’s not sticky.

Attachments

• IMG_5093.jpg
    IMG_5093.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
How is the face feel? I prefer smooth to sticky.

For example, I really like the citrus smell of Lucky Tiger but being more of a "tonic" it leaves my face a bit tacky.

I like a bit more alcohol and less aloe or glycerin.

Yeah, can't really go wrong with an old-school classic. I still may try a rose scent for occasional use...most AS doesn't linger anyway.
I can't say it feels sticky to me, but to be fair - nothing short of a balm does.

I start with DR Harris Pink... It's a nice clean alcohol aftershave with good skin feel, not tacky. Scent is fleeting as are most things rose. I sometimes follow that up with Hazelet’s Apothecary SoCo Rose or Trumpers Coral Skin Food if I want to keep the theme going.

Myrsol "PLASTIC" :

It's supposed to have a Rose-like scent. I haven't tried it myself (yet), but other Myrsol aftershaves have grown on me lately.

I’d go with something that has a rose component but isn’t solely rose. Things like:
Noble Otter Two Kings
Wholly Kaw King of Oud
Dr Jon’s Rose of Phyrgia
A&E Amber Rose

Turkish Tuncer No.2 is a very nice floral/rose that is not sticky.

View attachment 1719636

So, this arrived today, a bargain at 10 bucks each for 250ml.

I haven't used it yet, but the No2 has a very nice floral smell. I was also intrigued by the scent description of the No1 (Top Note: Bergamot, Marine, Mint, Green Notes Middle Note: Geranium, Lavender, Lily. Base Note: Cedarwood, Patchouli, White Musk)...

...so why not?

The floral No2 will be a very good match with my rose soap, and the No1 is more of a fresh, cologne-y scent that I like and will use occasionally.

Very happy with my new Turkish imports.

Thanks for the recommendation. 🙂👍

Screenshot_20230925_161017_Gallery.jpg

So, this arrived today, a bargain at 10 bucks each for 250ml.

I haven't used it yet, but the No2 has a very nice floral smell. I was also intrigued by the scent description of the No1 (Top Note: Bergamot, Marine, Mint, Green Notes Middle Note: Geranium, Lavender, Lily. Base Note: Cedarwood, Patchouli, White Musk)...

...so why not?

The floral No2 will be a very good match with my rose soap, and the No1 is more of a fresh, cologne-y scent that I like and will use occasionally.

Very happy with my new Turkish imports.

Thanks for the recommendation. 🙂👍

View attachment 1723232
The No.4 is quite generic, no need to spend money on it.

7CFC9F7F-F663-4784-AE9E-CDBB07E33F7B.jpeg

How about TFS Rosehip or TFS Rose Dracaris?
I have never tried them my self, but I am very interested in buying one of them (soap and AS)

Top Bottom