What's new

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in
IMG_3304.jpeg

Still in. I've had this Trafalgar T3 brush for awhile and not sure I'll ever get the hang of it. The combination of a short loft and comparatively wide diameter seem to conspire to just push the lather around my face and not spread it evenly. Just feels hard to control. I wonder if other Simpson brushes would be like that too. Anyhow, a good shave nonetheless.
Razor: Gillette Red Tip SS D1
Blade: Wizamet Iridium (5)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Pereira
Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum
AS: Barberry Coast Bay Rum

Date11.05.2024
366 daily shaves
132/366

RazorBladeBrush
Razorock Game Changer .84OCGillette Rubie (5)Abe’s Brush Works Saturn Synbad
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
TGS Savage (16)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9/10 (One red spot)6/10 (Razor sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.75/10
(BBS-)
8/10 (Smooth)

Notes:

Still in. Summary. Yesterday’s shave was too mild for my liking. The Game Changer is much more effective and I am definitely a fan of that.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave.

SOTD "Free Week" May 6th to May 12th

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Semogue Saturdays!

SV Saturday

Hello friends

Beautiful Saturday around here! I chose what I think is the soap with the quintessential modern barbershop scent: SV Manna di Sicilia, which pairs perfectly with the classic barbershop scent of Floïd The Genuine. Greencult 2.0 plate IV, the gap and high exposure razor I became physically dependent on. Gillette Platinum Light Blue (1) is stupendous with it. And crowning the event was my favorite brush: the might Pegasus Mistura.

With us, my friend Stanley Turrentine.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️🪒

EC385062-C371-4E69-80CC-765B50A4C9CE.jpeg
IMG_6898.jpeg

Another no shave day.

Gotta somehow save some money after all and delaying a shave might be a way to do it ?

Took my son to see a ball game last night and while the locals won 8-2, dang that did not got cheaper compared to last year outing. Damage are in the $130 range which is 30 % more than a year ago and for only 2 persons. When I see family with 2 3 4 kiddos in tow I just wonder how they can afford it.

IMG_1896.jpg

Top Bottom