What's new

List Your Top Three Hot Sauces

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
BUMP:
Hot Sauce -1.jpg"Tabasco's New Buffalo Style Sauce Will Change the Way You Eat Wings"

By Stacey Leasca - Food and Wine - Published on March 27, 2024

Tabasco launches a new Buffalo Style Sauce

"Tabasco is giving us all one more way to spice up our day.

On Thursday, the company announced its brand-new product, Tabasco Buffalo Style Sauce, which promises to bring a "tangy, garlicky, and savory" taste with just the right amount of heat.

But here's the biggest change: The brand is swapping out its traditional glass for an easy-to-squeeze bottle so fans can drizzle the new sauce on classics like wings and pizza or whatever else they want to throw it on. (Toast? Why not? Veggies? Sure. Right into your mouth? Hey, we don't judge.) And it's part of the permanent lineup, so there's no limited-time offering here.

proxy.php
"Innovation is a priority for us at McIlhenny Company [LA]," Lee Susen, the chief sales and marketing officer at McIlhenny Company, which owns the Tabasco brand, shared with Food & Wine. "We keep consumer needs at the heart of our innovation process to deliver products that meet them where they are — and where we forecast they will be — with the foods and flavors they’re consuming.

The Definitive Ranking of Every Tabasco Flavor

As for how the new bottling came to be, Susen said it's because of consumers like you. "The new format is a direct response to consumer demand for easier and more controlled application of our thicker style sauces, similar to Tabasco Sriracha Sauce and Tabasco Sweet & Spicy Sauce."

As for what Susen thinks the sauce is perfect for, he believes it's an ideal pairing for wings, naturally, but also anything with cheese as the "vinegar both cuts through and compliments" almost any cheese variety".
proxy.php

Works Cited: Tabasco Buffalo Style Sauce

BTW...the Mrs. and I are kind of partial about 'anything' from the Pelican (Bayou), State (like Crawfish Boils, Creole Gumbo, Shrimp Etouffee, Jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice, 'Cracklin' and Boudin Sausage just to name a few), and we both feel that the various McIlhenny's Hot Sauce (we love the green and garlic varieties), brands from Louisiana are the best! :thumbsup:

Hot Sauce.jpg "The only really good vegetable is Tabasco sauce. Put Tabasco sauce in everything. Tabasco sauce is to bachelor cooking what forgiveness is to sin. [...]". P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited:

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
  • Cholula red
  • Cholula green
  • Frank's
Craziest hot sauce I ever tried was working on a project in southern, rural, Madagascar. Coworkers from Ghana and Burkina commissioned a local villager to make a hot sauce for our mess hall. Merely touch your food against the sauce and it was like getting kicked in the forehead by a horse, yet somehow was enjoyable.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't have a top 3. I usually ask my wife what will go best with this dish or that. She has the better palette to be sure.

We use Tabasco, Baklouti green chili infused olive oil, Huy Fong Siracha, Huy Fong garlic chili sauce, La Costena Diced Chipotle Peppers, horse radish, Pete's and I'm probably forgetting a few.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
El Pato Hot. Sadly not available in the U.S. anymore.

Valentina yellow lablel.

Cholula Original.

El Yucateca habanero.

Frank's for Buffalo Wing sauce.

And a bonus one...Tabasco Original for seafood red sauce and Michaladas.

On the first page of this thread it was stated that Dave's Insanity Sauce is not so much a hot sauce as it is a chemical weapon. I totally agree! I live hot sauces of all sorts and from mild to pretty awful hot but, Dave's Insanity Sauce is straight from the center of hades. It makes pepper spray look easy.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Chich-fil-A sweet and spicy sriracha (it's more like a hot sweet and sour sauce than sriracha).
Frank's Hot.
Cholula.

Tabasco
1, 2 or 3 drops.
Vinegar, red pepper and salt
Most others have artificial, natural flavors, preservatives, coloring or whatever else.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
On the first page of this thread it was stated that Dave's Insanity Sauce is not so much a hot sauce as it is a chemical weapon. I totally agree! I live hot sauces of all sorts and from mild to pretty awful hot but, Dave's Insanity Sauce is straight from the center of hades. It makes pepper spray look easy.
I don't care for any of Dave's sauces. All heat and no flavor. I love and crave heat, but it has to be balanced with flavor.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I tend to buy Huy Fong Chili-Garlic sauce and also Louisiana Hot Sauce. The Louisiana sauce is really a deterrent, we don't use much of it in cooking. Of the sauces I make I like salsa negra made with our own chipotles, and Jamaican pique which is really just hot peppers and garlic marinating in vinegar with a little salt and sugar; also an excellent way to pickle and save peppers to put in other dishes. The pickled hot Eastern European garlic is its own special treat!

O.H.

I love hot sauce! I have tried quite a few (to my wife's chagrin) and I keep coming back to a local favorite that is also available online. Dragon's Blood Elixir is the brand. It is not cheap, but quality stuff. My favorite is "For Whom the Bell Tolls" it has some heat, but lots of flavor. The Original "Dragon's Blood Elixir" is very good but mild. The last is "Smoky Maple Garlic Bacon". I usually meet up with the maker and buy a half gallon at a time.

Neither of us is that big on hot sauce, although I can handle more heat than she wants to. However, she has made a nice discovery about Green Tabasco: Sprinkle it onto leftover rice, stir it in and enjoy. And, just as a warning, don't add it to anything until you're ready to eat it or while it's still cooking, because that removes most if not all of the flavor you're looking for.

1- Crystal Garlic
2- Tabasco Family Reserve
3- Tabasco/ Tabasco Chipotle (really hard for me to split between these as they're very different but both good!)
4-Louisiana Brand
5-Cholula or Tapatio... depends on the dish

I'm not really sure if I could count sriracha in this list as it's so different from the others, and I've had plenty of other "spicy" sauces like Pickapeppa that I also enjoy, but theser really bring me back to hot sauce/pepper sauce.

Top Bottom