What's new

List Your Top Three Hot Sauces

Sriracha,
That's about it. I'm not a fan of vinegar, so I don't go for tabasco or tapatio (Crapatio). That and Tapatio is usually the only hot sauce in existence on military installations, so I got pretty burnt out on really fast.

Sambal - Could make a leather shoe taste good
Sriracha - Makes pretty much everything taste good
Beer - Usually need one of these with the aforementioned items

Trappey's Red Devil-regardless of the name, its not that hot, but tasty!
Trappey's Indie-Pep
Siracha. We get it a a Korean supermarket-half the price compared to Stop & Shop

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The question posed is too hard to answer. I haven't tried them all yet, but I'm working on it. Sometimes you'll have a favorite HS for a certain type of food or even drink. I don't really use Tabasco unless its in my Bloody Mary and there it can't be beat. In a taco or on fried eggs I might choose Marie Sharps Original or Fire Dragon's Smoky Chipotle.

Depends on what I'm eating, but here's an attempt

Ponchos / Someburros - Family owned Mexican food chain local to the Phoenix area. My all time favorite.
Tapatio - This is our daily driver
Tabasco Chipotle - My favorite for breakfast foods
Siracha - Go To for asian foods
Red Rooster - My favorite Louisiana / Cajun Hot sauce. Especially good for Chicken and Chili.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I don't really have a top three by brand, I view them as sauces for courses. I have 18 sauces open at the moment.

Any way here is a go at the top three.
1st is the last sauce posted by someone that I don't have.
2nd Chipotle - current top is from Fire Dragon
3rd A Habanero or scotch bonnet hot sauce. They bring heat but not over the top with room for flavour.

Honourable mention to the sweet chili sauces. It's can be a tradition Thai dipping sauce or something made with tropical fruits.
There is room for the super hot sauces as the wife does not like a hot chili, so I can kick up the heat in a bowl to my heat level with something like Fire Dragons Deadly or Dragon Fury.

But I don't use hot sauces all that often anymore. I have a freezer full of roasted Hatch green chiles. I pull one out, dice it up, and have enough flavor and firepower to burn all the tastebuds within miles. They go in pretty much everything these days, and my hot sauces gather dust in the cupboard.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
But I don't use hot sauces all that often anymore. I have a freezer full of roasted Hatch green chiles. I pull one out, dice it up, and have enough flavor and firepower to burn all the tastebuds within miles. They go in pretty much everything these days, and my hot sauces gather dust in the cupboard.
send them to me for proper disposal. :biggrin:

In no particular order (and I need four): Sriracha (any brand for most part), Original Franks Red Hot, Original Cholula, Original Tobasco.

Tabasco Chipotle for general use
Sriracha for bánh mì, wanton soup, pho, and pork chops (mixed with hoison sauce)
Tabasco regular

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
1. Big O's Hot Stuff- enjoyed by people on 2 continents :biggrin:
2. Cholula
3. Huy Fong Sriracha (this may change, as I am going to attempt to make it myself)

Top Bottom