What's new

Kriss Kross DE Blade Stropper

This is the Kriss Kross DE Blade Stropper (original box). The leather is in relatively poor condition, but it’s still very cool. IMHO

I've been doing some research but have not found any really informative URL's as of yet. I'd appreciate any knowledge that you people may have.

$20170120 Kriss Kross DE blade stropper (2).jpg

:a34:

I've never had the Kriss Kross but I have the Twinplex and the Eversharp. These are devices that flourished from almost the inception of the Gillette double edge razor blade itself.

My grandfather owned an Eversharp strop (still in the family) and such strops helped extend the useful life of what at the time were relatively expensive blades, particularly through the great depression.

These things are really cool. I came across one in an antique shop that still worked. The shop owner even demonstrated it for me. I didn't buy it, but I kinda wish I had.

I've never had the Kriss Kross but I have the Twinplex and the Eversharp. These are devices that flourished from almost the inception of the Gillette double edge razor blade itself.

My grandfather owned an Eversharp strop (still in the family) and such strops helped extend the useful life of what at the time were relatively expensive blades, particularly through the great depression.

Right. DE blades are much more reasonable now.
I'd really like to see a picture of your Twinplex and Eversharp.

These things are really cool. I came across one in an antique shop that still worked. The shop owner even demonstrated it for me. I didn't buy it, but I kinda wish I had.

Right. I put an old blade in it (just for fun) and everyone took a turn. It was fun for the whole family (lol).

Top Bottom