What's new

Karve Overlander Aluminum. What's up with it?

It seems as though Karve is risking becoming like Yates where they offer lots of great options but they have such low stock and irregular production that you almost never see all the bits you want available at the same time, in the same material. That’s why I never bought a Yates razor.
My feeling as well that they might be overextended. Just concentrate on a few core items instead.

For those of you who purchased an Overlander from the new batch: did you get an email today about the new green Overlander plate and stand? (most likely an automated email)

It basically offers a chance to choose a different color and requests a confirmation:

Please confirm that your order is either:
  • OK the way it is; or
  • if you'd like to change anything
I'll hold onto your order until I hear back from you.

But I haven't gotten any replies from the Karve email for years so now I'm wondering if my order is going to be in limbo. I'm not sure if Chris has just been ignoring my emails or if he just never receives them for some reason.

I canceled my order early but the Paypal payment went through anyway, so I'm wondering the same thing. Karve's email responses obviously leave a lot to be desired and I haven't received a response from them as yet about a refund.

Last edited:
Very easy to get a reply...just open a Paypal case...guaranteed response in less than 24 hours.

I don't know if you were just joking but that's pretty much what I did two years ago: I opened a dispute with my credit card company and he responded by email within an hour even though he never replied to my repeated emails in the month leading up to that.

I still think Karve products are amazing quality which is why I ordered an Overlander from this new batch but now I'm wondering if I'll even get it.

I responded to the email about a green razor. No thanks.

Will give it a week from ordering before emailing to inquire on status.

Be well
Jay

No doubt it's a quality razor, but their non-existent customer service is the pits. Of course they're not actively trying to alienate clientele; maybe they're just stretched too thin. In any event, I don't wish to deal with them as is, and now just want my money back.

Just wanted to share my positive experience with Chris' customer service. I do admit the custom overlander order system definitely needs some work. I had read he was doing customs through the order comments, so I purchased a copper overlander but then asked to swap out top plate for brass and copper handle for CuBr. When I received my razor, I got all copper, which is nice, but not what I ordered. I reached out to Chris and explained the situation, he got back to me the next day, apologized, and put a new order in for my CuBr handle and Brass top plate. I received my new parts within a week and was told to keep the mistaken parts as well. Not discounting everyone else's experiences it's just sometimes positive experiences go unspoken. Hopefully he gets it all figured out as the overlander has been a great shaver.

After tidying up my brew area after work this morning I saw an email notification on my phone.

Had 2 emails from Karve.
First was a response to my response in regards to the green overlander. The way it was written leaves me convinced it was actually written by Mr. Kirchen. Not a form letter.

Second was a shipping notification. I am a cheap and mostly patient bastard so I opted for the cheapest shipping option so no tracking. But based on sending and receiving stuff from family in Calgary I expect it to arrive within a week at most.

Excited.
Be well
Jay

It's just weird how Chris promptly replies to some people and never replies to others.

If he never responded to my emails then that would be one thing but he actually does respond at first, but then asks me to confirm something about an order and then stops communicating after that.

This might be the second time that I have to open a credit card dispute for a Karve purchase.

For context: I had a problem with an order two years ago and he offered to send a replacement or refund me. I immediately replied that I would like a replacement and then he stopped responding until almost two months later when I filed the dispute.

My refund was finally sent. I'm not sure what finally worked, if it was the threat of a Paypal claim or signing one email with the tag "Member, Badger & Blade," but one of those had some pull. Thanks, B&B. :biggrin1:

I hope everyone who has ordered a razor enjoys theirs.

If people who ordered after me are already getting shipping/refund notifications then I'm pretty sure my order is in a limbo state at this point.

I wish there was a much more reliable way to contact Chris.

I have been wanting to buy a Karve Overlander Aluminum for about 6 months now. They have been out of stock for over 6mos on the Karve website and I have signed up to his email notification list as well. I have also emailed Chris a couple of times, but no response at all. Does anyone know what is going on or have any insider information on why this is no longer being restocked ? Are there any retailers he sells to that I can buy from?

I am just trying to get any information at all, but Karve won't respond about this specific razor.

Thanks to anyone that has information. I love this razor and would really like the aluminum version of it.
The Karve Overlander in aluminum is now back in stock. As soon as I was notified by Karve, I jumped all over it and ordered it.

The Karve Overlander in aluminum is now back in stock. As soon as I was notified by Karve, I jumped all over it and ordered it.
I jumped on it as soon as someone posted they were available in this thread. Someone let me know before I even received the email. My order has shipped and now I am awaiting this fine razor. I just hope it makes it here with no issues and my order is right. I love the brass version of this razor and cannot wait to try it in Aluminum.

After using my Henson AL13 + and my CB Aluminum razors, well crafted aluminum razors are growing on me.

When it’s a small business, sometimes there is a choice to make between manning the machinery and manning the phones.

If there were laziness involved, then it would also show up in the quality of the final product.

If there were deviousness involved, we would have heard about it a long time ago.

The guy just sounds swamped.

Top Bottom