What's new

Karve Overlander Aluminum. What's up with it?

I have been wanting to buy a Karve Overlander Aluminum for about 6 months now. They have been out of stock for over 6mos on the Karve website and I have signed up to his email notification list as well. I have also emailed Chris a couple of times, but no response at all. Does anyone know what is going on or have any insider information on why this is no longer being restocked ? Are there any retailers he sells to that I can buy from?

I am just trying to get any information at all, but Karve won't respond about this specific razor.

Thanks to anyone that has information. I love this razor and would really like the aluminum version of it.

Chris made a post back in February apologizing for not being responsive and wanting to do better but nothing seems to have changed since then.

The only updates since then on Instagram are about some business trips.

If you look at this page you'll see an update about hoping to get through the backlog by mid-May:

But there was a similar message on that page back in February.

Chris made a post back in February apologizing for not being responsive and wanting to do better but nothing seems to have changed since then.

The only updates since then on Instagram are about some business trips.

If you look at this page you'll see an update about hoping to get through the backlog by mid-May:

But there was a similar message on that page back in February.
Great update, thank you !

I did see that a while back, so I have been checking in every week on their website.

I have been wanting to buy a Karve Overlander Aluminum for about 6 months now. They have been out of stock for over 6mos on the Karve website and I have signed up to his email notification list as well. I have also emailed Chris a couple of times, but no response at all. Does anyone know what is going on or have any insider information on why this is no longer being restocked ? Are there any retailers he sells to that I can buy from?

I am just trying to get any information at all, but Karve won't respond about this specific razor.

Thanks to anyone that has information. I love this razor and would really like the aluminum version of it.
Sounds exactly like the posts I was making back in 2021 when he promised the copper Karve Christopher Bradley coming back in stock. Actually it was around October 2020 and I don't think they were out until May or June 2021. I only got a response from him via Facebook when I was making a stink about it and with the public posts I guess he wanted to appease me but then went radio silent for months. I also never got any email updates when they finally did get released and I think I almost missed out on them when they did get released as I finally stopped checking on them for a couple of months when I finally gave up on him. Prior to that I was checking the website 2-3 times a day for 7 months

Sounds exactly like the posts I was making back in 2021 when he promised the copper Karve Christopher Bradley coming back in stock. Actually it was around October 2020 and I don't think they were out until May or June 2021. I only got a response from him via Facebook when I was making a stink about it and with the public posts I guess he wanted to appease me but then went radio silent for months. I also never got any email updates when they finally did get released and I think I almost missed out on them when they did get released as I finally stopped checking on them for a couple of months when I finally gave up on him. Prior to that I was checking the website 2-3 times a day for 7 months
I was wondering if they would actually email the notification list. Given their track record, I don't trust getting an email when they become available. Hence, I am stuck checking every couple of days until they hopefully make them again sometime.

I almost didn't buy the copper CB Karve when it finally was available for purchase in protest, but I've wanted it for so long, so I got it. G plate SB in copper and then a F open comb in copper.
I'm not really protesting, as noted by my emoji. I understand delays are sometimes the price one pays for dealing with a small artisan shop. If the aluminum becomes available and I'm still interested, then great.

Last edited:
I'm not really protesting, as noted by my emoji. I understand delays are sometimes the price one pays for dealing with a small artisan shop. If the aluminum becomes available and I'm still interested, then great.
I'm protesting the radio silence and false promises. I don't think that is fair to the loyal customer. Not returning emails or messages but then promising to take an order and then never following up even a good part of a year later? I remember right after Halloween that year when he did reach out to me in the only email, he said to email him what copper parts I wanted as they had individual parts but not enough to post it on the website. I did that in November of 2021 and never heard back from him again, after sending him several follow-up emails and messages. Kind of a **** poor way to run a business.

This post from an hour ago shows what appears to be an aluminum Wagner handle:

aluminum-wagner.jpg

But he also posted a blue Overlander base plate back in April and there's still no sign of a restock 6+ weeks later:

View attachment 1665243

View attachment 1665244
In one of those Instagram posts with that blue Overlander plate, I asked 5 weeks ago when they will be available and crickets. Surprisingly, I was the only person that even commented on the blue plate. Crickets... Proving that some things never change and even with an Instagram account he doesn't answer questions.

EDIT: Just checked Karve website and the blue CB plates are listed on there. If he would have answered 5 weeks ago I'd already have bought a few. Now I think I'll pass.

Last edited:
Wish I pulled the trigger when they were still in stock. Been checking their website frequently and also reached out to Karve by email, initially got a reply that they would be available very soon but that was months ago and ever since then.. radio silence

He posted this yesterday:

I’m tired but excited. This week and the next will be spent catching up, but new things are coming

karve-new-handle.jpg

So hopefully this means a restock of aluminum parts or a release of the new aluminum parts like the Wagner handle and the blue Overlander base plates.

Top Bottom