What's new

Karve Overlander Aluminum. What's up with it?

Guys, just a question. I ordered Overlander Aluminum like 3 weeks ago. After couple days I decided to change handle, I wrote a question and nothing. Still no answer. Do they just ignore customers and I will receive original order or there is a chance to get what I want? I would like to have Wagner, so need to pay extra..

Guys, just a question. I ordered Overlander Aluminum like 3 weeks ago. After couple days I decided to change handle, I wrote a question and nothing. Still no answer. Do they just ignore customers and I will receive original order or there is a chance to get what I want? I would like to have Wagner, so need to pay extra..

There doesn't seem to be any pattern for how responsive Chris is to emails.

For some people he responds very quickly and for others he just never responds at all.

If you haven't received a response yet then you're almost certainly getting your original order.

Factory: been there, done that. I'd rather deal with a vendor. If I can get them to stock the Overlander model I want, then we can proceed. If not, then I'll choose to admire from afar but move on.

So it took him like 4 weeks to get an answer out of him and that qualifies as good support?
When placed order I had info about tíme what they need (4 weeks as minimum) so for me it is ok. What would change if answer come in 1 day and have to wait also 4 weeks..?
I read numerous complaints about timely communications in a couple of threads, and it initially turned me off. The testimonials from folks whom I've correlated my preferences with caused me to waver, however.

I'm glad I did.

I ordered a s-s Overlander from Razor Emporium and was thrilled with it. No need to repeat myself, save to say that I was so impressed, I decided to order a backup, but in brass.

I ordered directly from Karve (to get a different handle). The fact that he makes the full value of the sale is a vote on my part to throw extra support to his business as well. I don't want companies like Karve to fail. Call it vested self-interest.

Everyone gets to choose. I run a small, single owner business and I strive to keep current with customer communications. It's extremely stressful. I see many sole proprietors in my industry who are very talented, but not so good at other elements of their business, and typically it's a communication shortcoming.

So, I put Chris at Karve in this latter category - talented and either short on time or absent organizational skills. This gets a pass for me based on the fact that he could easily charge much more for his product - based on its quality.

I'll vote with my dollars to support the small guy if he's chasing his dream and doing it in a way that matches my "use criteria".

...Thom

I'm going to assume the vendor I requested stock the aluminum Overlander won't be doing so. That means dealing directly with the factory again. Since I've not heard of anyone failing to receive their razors, even with weeks of deathly silence after the purchase thrown into the mix, I'm willing to give these guys another chance.

I'm going to assume the vendor I requested stock the aluminum Overlander won't be doing so. That means dealing directly with the factory again. Since I've not heard of anyone failing to receive their razors, even with weeks of deathly silence after the purchase thrown into the mix, I'm willing to give these guys another chance.
I ordered mine on 05-Oct and received shipping notice on 11-Oct. Currently, it's in the bowels of Canada Post, with an estimated delivery date of 24-Oct.

I'm guessing I squeezed into a perfect part of the production cycle, and wouldn't expect shipping to be quite that quick on average.

Hopefully, this helps.

I really like helping small guys out by purchasing through their website, so they can get the dealer's markup as well. Of course (bonus), I also get to choose handles this way. That Argyll looks like it's da bomb, and with reports that it's plenty grippy, I'm excited ;-)

... Thom

Order my 15-Sept with info it will be shipped 4 weeks later but after a week I requested change of handle (one week of waiting more), today was shipped. I like and prefer to buy from little companies, and as mentioned @Galibier_Numero_Un there is probably no stuff to respond each mail and I know it and for me no problem. Prefer pay directly for quality product produced in little quantity to some artisan and support him also with patience and acceptance of order process like between two friends who buy and sell in confidence of good will of other. I know, old-school in world of business but for me much more human and heartwarming.. there is already enough stress and pressure everywhere, I try to be different

This sounds a lot like the early days of ikon when everyone was chomping at the bit for the Slant which for many was ultimately disappointing. I am fortunate that I have an AL Overlander inbound that I just bought on BST

Karve says my aluminummynummy Overlander could be at the sink beside my terlet as soon as the 22nd of April this year.

Saw they have an orange baseplate and then I made puppy dog eyes at my Wifey.
In my experience, it wouldn't hurt to remind him with an email -- or three or four -- before the due date, just to make sure it's in the queue. I hope your transaction goes smoothly.

In my experience, it wouldn't hurt to remind him with an email -- or three or four -- before the due date, just to make sure it's in the queue. I hope your transaction goes smoothly.
I'll bet that this is anecdotal, but even if it isn't, with 2.5 employees total (including Chris), if everyone emailed him an extra time or two, everyone's razor would be late.

... Thom

I'll bet that this is anecdotal, but even if it isn't, with 2.5 employees total (including Chris), if everyone emailed him an extra time or two, everyone's razor would be late.

... Thom
After waiting 6 weeks, turns out he forgot my order. Emailing reminded him. That was the only option available. I don't think emails will break his back, nor should they.

It looks Chris has lot to do and probably difficult time to keep production level as demand. My first Overlander came in 4 weeks as promised, my second ordered Jan 24th, until today now answer, nothing, I lost patience and asked my bank for refund, they did in 2 weeks and still no e-mail from Chris.

I was always on his side and my idea was so little company can't answer customers e-mail like big companys and we have to be more indulgence with Chris Kirchen. But after I ordered from Yates, and recived answers for my questions always in less then 24 hours I'm not more. Same with Murat from Rocnel, same with Theo from Lambdas. They all answer, Chris not. It seems all this communications problems are more related to Chris personality or his attitude, it is his decision, he doesn't care about it in my opinion. So to buy Overlander you just have to accept as it is, or looks elsewhere for different razor..

Top Bottom