JKaboom's Journey DE shaving - started September 22'

#14 in 2024 GRUYERE shave sebaticle - Still in

#31 GRUME April 2024 - Still in

Date: 04.30.24

Days growth: 8

Head and face shave

Razor: Merkur Progress

Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)

Brush: 1950’s Ever Ready R40 with original pure badger knot.

Pre-shave: Hot shower using Johnson and Johnson on face and head with facial scrubber

Lather: Proraso green cream

Passes: 2 Plus pickups WTG ATG setting 3 then 1.5

Post Shave Routine and products:

1 - Hot rinse with microfiber towel X2

2 - Cold rinse

3 - Alum block

4 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1

5 - Aftershave: Nivea Deep Bourbon and Vanilla

6 - Balm: Nivea sensitive skin

Notes: This was a pretty good shave today. I like that vintage Ever Ready, the knot is dense. When my beard is out of control (8 days growth) the Progress makes short work of the lengthy stubble. I don’t use Proraso green often but it’s very enjoyable when I do, I like its performance and that it’s refreshing. This is only my second Nacet blade and I like it well, sharper than the Astra SP and GSB that I normally use. I don’t know if they’re coated, it just says stainless on it so I assume not.

I had some blemish areas from my CPAP that got irritated but other than that it was a close comfortable shave.

Quality: 8.5

Comfort: 8

Enjoyment: 10

Overall: 8.83

#14 in 2024 GRUYERE shave sebaticle - Still in

#26 GRUME May 2024 - Still in

Date: 05.13.24

Days growth: 6

Head and face shave

Razor: Gillette Fatboy

Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)

Brush: Simpson T3

Pre-shave: Hot shower using Johnson and Johnson on face and head with facial scrubber. Tabac bloom water

Lather: Tabac bowl lathered

Passes: 2. WTG ATG

Post Shave Routine and products:

1 - Hot rinse with microfiber towel X2

2 - Cold rinse

3 - Alum block

4 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1

5 - Aftershave: Tabac edt

6 - Balm: Nivea sensitive skin

Notes: Today was a great shave. My previous shave was terribly uncomfortable due to foot problems; those problems were not an issue today thank god. The Tabac bowl lathered better today due to the T3 and its awesome properties. Last shave I used the Simpson 57 best and though I was able to work up a decent lather it was nowhere near today’s lather. The razor performed well on setting 7 then setting 5. The Fatboy never disappoints.

Quality: 9.5 DFS+

Comfort: 10

Enjoyment: 10

Overall: 9.8

4 days growth
Gillette slim
Gillette Nacet (3)
Parker synthetic (basic model)
TOBS almond
Proraso blue post shave balm
Original old spice from the 1980’s

This was a two pass WTG ATG CCS shave. I was using a TOBS sample of the almond and it was as if it was unscented. Had I bought a full size container I would have been pretty upset.

Top Bottom