What's new

JKaboom's Journey DE shaving - started September 22'

Hey! Happy New Year! Just a pic of some of the brushes I used to have which I made/spun on my lathe. Had a number of antler brushes which were from elk sheds. Miss that part, no where to do this. Garage is unheated although I'm going to see about setting it up again this summer. It was a lot of fun...although I had a helluva lot of brushes...there were waaay more than what you see here.
View attachment 1773357
Anyway...again, Happy New Year!
I like it @huck1680 ! That front one most resembles mine. Happy new year to you too man!

Last edited:
OK @lasta count me in. I know you guys hassle @Guido75 about GSBs. Dibs on my tenderloin however is a hard no 😂 LOL
1704167236616.gif

I am a little sad. I have to give this next shave a break but I want to shave. I’m getting that irritation from my CPAP straps. Additionally I need to use the same kit for a long time as well (at least for the month). The wife thinks my changing everything up is also adding to the irritation I get well after the shave, thus my shaving only every three to four days. I can’t disagree but it still makes me sad.

Oh well, I can join the group that uses the same kit for a month and also switch soaps once a month.

IMG_1096.jpeg

#14 in 2024 GRUYERE shave sebaticle

#16 GRUME January 2024

Date: 01.09.23

Days growth: 9

Head and face shave

Razor: Gillette slim

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

Brush: Simpson T3

Pre-shave: Hot shower using Johnson and Johnson on face and head with facial scrubber. Proraso blue pre-shave.

Lather: Proraso Green Cream

Passes: 2 plus pickups 7/5

Post Shave Routine and products:

1 - Hot rinse with microfiber towel X2

2 - Cold rinse

3 - Alum block

4 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1

5 - Aftershave: Osage rub

6 - Balm: Proraso blue

Notes: I wanted to do a third pass but couldn’t stand any longer due to having Covid. For 9 days of growth, this shave turned out pretty good. Some patches of sandpaper stubble.

Quality: 8

Comfort: 10

Enjoyment: 5

Overall: 8.6

Top Bottom