What's new

Jikoryen seems to have vanished from the planet.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
None of my usual (the two E-places) sellers have it. I knew I should have bought a case the last time.

I love my Arko, but, for sticks, JK can’t be beat (IMO).

Anyone have any info or have a source?

Mr. Shavington

Knows Hot Turkish Toilets
Are you sure you want to find it? I’ve got some and it smells very strong, even wrapped up and in a closed drawer. It’s much more offensive than Arko, to my nose, and is exactly how I imagine a Turkish public toilet would smell if it is not cleaned for a few weeks and the weather is hot.

Are you sure you want to find it? I’ve got some and it smells very strong, even wrapped up and in a closed drawer. It’s much more offensive than Arko, to my nose, and is exactly how I imagine a Turkish public toilet would smell if it is not cleaned for a few weeks and the weather is hot.

That might be a cultural thing, since IIRC the scent is similar to generic laundry soap in that part of the world. Like lemon and citronella, more or less.

Perhaps there is some quiet assault on tallow-based soaps?
It's possible, but since I've been wetshaving since the early 2010s there have been a number of Turkish 'Arko competitors" shave sticks come and go. Jikoryen could just be the latest.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I agree. I have a 12 pack and and hoping that they lose that scent by the time all my ARKO is gone which will be years. The soap is excellent but that industrial scent is overwhelming. I do expect the scent will diminish over time but how long will it take?

I agree. I have a 12 pack and and hoping that they lose that scent by the time all my ARKO is gone which will be years. The soap is excellent but that industrial scent is overwhelming. I do expect the scent will diminish over time but how long will it take?
I’m wondering that too

Good soap, but I thought the scent would have tamed down by now. My opened stick finally has. Will probably give the rest of my sticks some time before I open another.

On strength of scent I think it’s stronger and longer lasting than Arko.

Reactions: Kix
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 18-34-39 Jikoryen seems to have vanished from the planet.png

It must be said that this is one of the funniest posts I have ever read! :)

Top Bottom