What's new

Jay21's Journey Journal

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
@thombrogan I would like your post but I literally am unable to with the current ad nonsense that evades my ad blockers.

View attachment 1816947
It might go against the principles of the issue, but becoming a contributor at the entry level is only $25. I did that after I’d been around for a month, because I was receiving far more than that from the many benefits of B&B. This was before the ads showed up but a side benefit has been no annoyingly ads.

It might go against the principles of the issue, but becoming a contributor at the entry level is only $25. I did that after I’d been around for a month, because I was receiving far more than that from the many benefits of B&B. This was before the ads showed up but a side benefit has been no annoyingly ads.
I don’t mind the concept of ads if it reduces the cost of a service. For example, I downgraded our Hulu, Disney+, and Paramount+ subscriptions to have ads because it lowered the price. If the ads weren’t intrusive here, I would never complain. The problem is the ads make the webpage virtually unusable, and it’s the principle behind it that makes me want to refuse to pay them to reward back behavior and bad actors.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
LOL. I get that. Like I said, I didn’t become a contributor to avoid the ads. I did it because I found this place entertaining and wanted to help keep the lights on.

I doubt B&B is making the owners rich. I’m glad it’s around and with the pressures of the market place at the moment, nothing is a certainty.

I had a really nice shave this morning with a fresh, sharp Dorco ST301 Stainless loaded in the MJ-90A and a thick Van der Hagen lather I whipped up. Hint: sharp blades work better than dull blades. I may have made the lather a little too thick, but there was absolutely no aftershave sting and it had lasting power while applied to my face. It was a little harder than normal to rinse off the razor and perhaps the shave could have been closer, but I’ll trade those for a sting-free affair. Tomorrow, I’ll try a little more water.

I had a really nice shave this morning with a fresh, sharp Dorco ST301 Stainless loaded in the MJ-90A and a thick Van der Hagen lather I whipped up. Hint: sharp blades work better than dull blades. I may have made the lather a little too thick, but there was absolutely no aftershave sting and it had lasting power while applied to my face. It was a little harder than normal to rinse off the razor and perhaps the shave could have been closer, but I’ll trade those for a sting-free affair. Tomorrow, I’ll try a little more water.
When I tested the ST300 (same thing as ST301) in January I was surprised by what a quality blade it was. I believe I paid 6 cents per blade and most of the blades I have tried in this range have been duller fresh from the wrapper. It's very underrated in my opinion - perhaps because it is so cheap.

When I tested the ST300 (same thing as ST301) in January I was surprised by what a quality blade it was. I believe I paid 6 cents per blade and most of the blades I have tried in this range have been duller fresh from the wrapper. It's very underrated in my opinion - perhaps because it is so cheap.
It's a fantastic blade! I like all Dorcos made in Vietnam. I haven't met one yet that I haven't liked.

I think I have the water dialed in nicely with the Van der Hagen Basic Deluxe (that name still makes we wonder about their marketing department). It takes about twice as much water as Arko. I had the earlier presumption that it's a thirsty soap.

Overall, very nice shave. No sting of any kind. That makes we wonder if I've been using the right amount of water with Arko. I'll go back to Arko tomorrow and have a see by adding a little more water.

Mail call: my first order from Fendrihan.

I have a minor question for my fellow Arko users. These pucks seem to have some grains of salt or sand on them, which my other pucks of the past didn’t. Have you experienced this? I’m guessing it’s an anti-stick substance from the manufacturing line, and soap is self-cleaning, so not an issue. Just curious.

There was a problem with the order, however, which did necessitate the following email:

Hello,

I received this order today and it’s in good shape except for one issue. I ordered a white mug, but received a black one (pic attached). I don’t care enough about the mistake to go through an exchange and a trip to the post office, but I’m mainly letting you know for your inventory tracking. I would have preferred a white one (actually, the Mrs. prefers a white one with the bathroom decor), but I’m sure our relationship will somehow survive and I won’t be forced to shave in the shed in front of judgmental wildlife.

IMG_0251.jpeg

Mail call: my first order from Fendrihan.

I have a minor question for my fellow Arko users. These pucks seem to have some grains of salt or sand on them, which my other pucks of the past didn’t. Have you experienced this? I’m guessing it’s an anti-stick substance from the manufacturing line, and soap is self-cleaning, so not an issue. Just curious.

There was a problem with the order, however, which did necessitate the following email:

Hello,

I received this order today and it’s in good shape except for one issue. I ordered a white mug, but received a black one (pic attached). I don’t care enough about the mistake to go through an exchange and a trip to the post office, but I’m mainly letting you know for your inventory tracking. I would have preferred a white one (actually, the Mrs. prefers a white one with the bathroom decor), but I’m sure our relationship will somehow survive and I won’t be forced to shave in the shed in front of judgmental wildlife.

View attachment 1818347
Hmm not sure what those grains on the Arko! soap are. Maybe some sort of a crystals that precipitated? I guess it could be some sort of a release substance as well. I don't know.

New and improved Arko! Now with 50% more water!

I added more water to the Arko this morning and had a splendid shave. No aftershave feedback at all. Arko seems to really tolerate a wide variance in water content, further cementing my belief that it's idiot proof. Wonderful soap. I swear, though, that my shaves are a little closer when I make the Arko lather thicker. Maybe it's better at standing up my whiskers or I subconsciously add more pressure. Who knows. Maybe I'm imagining it. Or maybe it's planetary alignment in some galaxy far, far away.

New and improved Arko! Now with 50% more water!

I added more water to the Arko this morning and had a splendid shave. No aftershave feedback at all. Arko seems to really tolerate a wide variance in water content, further cementing my belief that it's idiot proof. Wonderful soap. I swear, though, that my shaves are a little closer when I make the Arko lather thicker. Maybe it's better at standing up my whiskers or I subconsciously add more pressure. Who knows. Maybe I'm imagining it. Or maybe it's planetary alignment in some galaxy far, far away.
I see what you did there. Nice comeback there....... 😁

Top Bottom