What's new

It's always a girl, I swear

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluefoxicy

I have no friggin' clue what happened last night.

I drove home with a buzz, seriously.

I didn't drink anything, I don't smoke anything, but my brain was messed up.

There's this girl (... yeah this already sounds bad) I've been after for months, it's complicated, she knows I'm trying and she tells me she has a boyfriend but when I say I'll back down she immediately says not to... how do I get myself in these messes?

Anyway it's loud in the bar, I have to get pretty close to talk to her.

It occurs to me I've never actually inhaled when I'm that close.

And most of it went through my nose.

I smelled something on her skin, but it's completely odorless.. I couldn't actually "smell" it but it was strong.

... and then I was high as a kite.

No kidding, my brain stopped working, stuff didn't seem real, my perception was totally screwed. I was dizzy, like I guzzled four freaking beers dizzy. I could have smoked a kilo of pot and not been that far gone o_o

I just wanted to take her home at that point @_@ no reason, just to take her home, so I could have her there. Whatever is in the air around her it's addictive, unbelievably addictive.

What... the hell...

I'm not prepared for life I swear.

Settle down, lad.

It's a chemical effect pretty young ladies have on young men.

You can counteract it by introducing matrimony.

There's also a slim chance she was rocking the Veg, but it kills most women who try it.

B

bluefoxicy

Yeah, I was unprepared for this.

The scary part is I want more. She's like a drug. :scared:

There's nothing left of me, man. Since that day 3 years ago... everything's rotted away.

I might just throw what's left away and go for it. She seems to like me. Just not enough for me to pry her off her boyfriend... yet....

God. Some guys at the bar walked up and just started dancing with her. She smiles when I talk to her but... damn... I wish I could make her smile like that....

ugh I'm horribly broken. I'm acting like a confused teenager.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Settle down, lad.

You can counteract it by introducing matrimony.

There's also a slim chance she was rocking the Veg, but it kills most women who try it.

I needed to fix this. I may be fifty but I'm not dead. (Don't tell SWMBO)

I have no friggin' clue what happened last night.

I drove home with a buzz, seriously.

I didn't drink anything, I don't smoke anything, but my brain was messed up.

There's this girl (... yeah this already sounds bad) I've been after for months, it's complicated, she knows I'm trying and she tells me she has a boyfriend but when I say I'll back down she immediately says not to... how do I get myself in these messes?

Anyway it's loud in the bar, I have to get pretty close to talk to her.

It occurs to me I've never actually inhaled when I'm that close.

And most of it went through my nose.

I smelled something on her skin, but it's completely odorless.. I couldn't actually "smell" it but it was strong.

... and then I was high as a kite.

No kidding, my brain stopped working, stuff didn't seem real, my perception was totally screwed. I was dizzy, like I guzzled four freaking beers dizzy. I could have smoked a kilo of pot and not been that far gone o_o

I just wanted to take her home at that point @_@ no reason, just to take her home, so I could have her there. Whatever is in the air around her it's addictive, unbelievably addictive.

What... the hell...

I'm not prepared for life I swear.

Dude, you got it bad.

My $.02 (if it even matters):

She sounds like she is keeping you on the back burner and enjoying the attention you're giving her.

Find another (single) girl to take your interest.

Dude, you got it bad.

My $.02 (if it even matters):

She sounds like she is keeping you on the back burner and enjoying the attention you're giving her.

Find another (single) girl to take your interest.

Of course, this is the correct and logical response, but in matters of the heart, what good is that?

While the French Foreign Legion might seem outdated, the United States Marine Corps offers a three month course of therapy, followed by year long tours of exotic locations, that makes most young men come to revile the thought of the young lady whose charms prompted the spur-of-the-moment enlistment.

YMMV, of course.

If you really want to draw her in, cut her loose and start ignoring her.

She's craving your attention, and once it's gone she'll be chasing YOU for a change.

Sounds crazy, right? It works. These are just the games the young women play. If you're gonna play, know the rules.

B

bluefoxicy

If you really want to draw her in, cut her loose and start ignoring her.

She's craving your attention, and once it's gone she'll be chasing YOU for a change.

Sounds crazy, right? It works. These are just the games the young women play. If you're gonna play, know the rules.

She's visibly flustered when I get too sweet on her, I've had her stutter trying to talk to me, and when we started talking we were both too nervous to look each other in the eyes. When all this first started she saw me chuck an empty cup in the trash and literally RAN over to me and asked repeatedly if she could get me another drink... I'm not a high-dollar customer, that's not her job, and why is she begging?

I've considered putting on extra pressure, taking bigger risks, finding the right buttons, and just trying to draw her in. I'm spinning confused as hell, may as well let her join the party. Up to this point I've been playing low-key because I want her to leave her boyfriend, I don't want to cause trouble and force her relationship to break... of course everyone but him knows, everyone that works there has already approached me (and some are encouraging, and meddling trying to pair us).

I think she may be too comfortable at this point, maybe she needs a push. I don't know. She knows I'll wait... hell, I could still be standing there next year and if I've still got a serious chance I'm fine with that. ... patience is as wasteful as haste though, i need to make things move just a bit... slowly, oh so slowly...

The problem is I hate taking risks with other people. She visibly likes me. There's a chance I could mess up her relationship and she could change her mind and ... oops. I'm supposed to be the one carrying my mistakes :glare:

Sigh.. I get one shot and it couldn't be easy. Well okay, I might have a stream of second chances, she does seem to like me. Still, I'm 24, I've never taken a girl on a date, never kissed a girl, I've ...um... got effectively no experience... I have no idea what I'm doing. What a worthless prospect.

heh... Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength. ... she's right you know..

sounds unfaithful. likely she's going behind her current SO's back (and you're not the only one), who's to say she wouldn't do the same to you?

Go for it dude! Forget that other guy. If she's willing to hook up with you while they are together then they aren't actually "together".

He'll either defend his territory or he won't. If he doesn't, you get the girl. If he does, then she'll have to choose. This isn't rocket science... it's hooking up :tongue_sm:ihih:

No get out there and get you some!

B

bluefoxicy

Go for it dude! Forget that other guy. If she's willing to hook up with you while they are together then they aren't actually "together".

Oh, she's not. She has guys coming onto her all the time but she behaves.

It's funny... neither of us is actually open to the hook-up thing o_o I'm playing for keeps and she's not going to go screwing around behind her guy's back. This is... a very misplaced scene for a bar.

While the French Foreign Legion might seem outdated, the United States Marine Corps offers a three month course of therapy, followed by year long tours of exotic locations, that makes most young men come to revile the thought of the young lady whose charms prompted the spur-of-the-moment enlistment.

YMMV, of course.

:lol:

bars are essentially the same as a meat market and i don't put alot of trust into a relationship that forms in one untill u get to know them and it is like the old saying fortune favors the bold.

You're not the only one to get hit bad like this. There is a popular song about it:

Title: Survivor - High On You

There you stood, that'll teach ya
To look so good and feel so right
Let me tell you 'bout the girl I met last night
It's understood, I had to reach ya
I let the wheel of fortune spin
I touched your hand before the crowd
Started crushin' in

Now I'm higher than a kite
I know I'm gettin' hooked on your love
Talkin' to myself, runnin' in the heat
Beggin' for your touch in the middle
Of the street and I --

*I can't stop thinking 'bout you girl
I must be living in a fantasy world
I've searched the whole world over
To find a heart so true
Such complete intoxication
I'm high on you*

Smart and coy, a little crazy
The kinda face that starts a fight
Let me tell you 'bout the girl I had last night
Piercin' eyes, like a raven
You seemed to share my secret sin
We were high before the night
Started kickin' in

Now I'm screamin' in the night
I know I'm gettin' hooked on your love
Talkin' to myself, runnin' in the heat
Beggin' for your touch in the middle
Of the street and I --
( * Repeat)

B

bluefoxicy

Of course, this is the correct and logical response, but in matters of the heart, what good is that?

You hit the nail on the head.

I find myself questioning if fate is trying to make amends for what happened three years ago... or simply torment me further. In the latter case, there's already nothing left of me anyway... it's all eroded away ....

What scares me the most is...in the former case, I'd find this more than acceptable. That's... not me. It's clearly visible I'm rejecting these feelings at the most basic level of my being... and at the same time, fighting for them :scared:

I'm really, simply... not prepared for basic functions of life.

You hit the nail on the head.

I find myself questioning if fate is trying to make amends for what happened three years ago... or simply torment me further. In the latter case, there's already nothing left of me anyway... it's all eroded away ....

What scares me the most is...in the former case, I'd find this more than acceptable. That's... not me. It's clearly visible I'm rejecting these feelings at the most basic level of my being... and at the same time, fighting for them :scared:

I'm really, simply... not prepared for basic functions of life.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but, man up!

Don't allow yourself to be defined by the things that happen to you. Be defined by what you do.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I think you should invite her somewhere to have a chat with her and understand what's going on. Try a restaurant where you will actually be able to have a conversation without shouting. A Cafe is usually great too.

B

bluefoxicy

I'm not trying to be a jerk but, man up!

I think you should invite her somewhere to have a chat with her and understand what's going on. Try a restaurant where you will actually be able to have a conversation without shouting.

These are one in the same. I'm seriously considering making some stronger (read: more committed) moves... actually I'm considering flat out asking her out to dinner. There's a whole hugely complex process around this (I can't just walk up and ask her, she'll say no) but...

Well. She doesn't mind me trying, at the very least. She's encouraging it.

I need to stop shaking so damn much, step up and put my *** on the line. I'll probably make an *** of myself but it doesn't f*@king matter if you don't care; I've already proven this in practice, no matter how much stupid s*@$ you do in public, people don't hold it against you if you don't give a crap. Bad dancing, bad guitar playing, falling out of your chair... a couple flubbed passes aren't going to slow me down, I can recover that easy, if she laughs that's a good thing.

Ugh now if I can just stop being a coward and go do it.

This is taking me exactly away from where I want my life to go but I don't friggin' care. I'll live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom