What's new

Indulgence of the Night - 2012

Enjoying a Bulleit Rye + Lillet Rouge + Bitters + Cherry. LOTH having a Woodford + ginger (just a splash).

Nothing better than a bit of the oak aged stuff on a winters night. Cheers

Col. Taylors Single Barrel BIB Bourbon

Sadly, not in Pappy's 15yo class. I had high hopes for this one, but the finish is a little short and rough compared to Pappy's.

A bottle of Palm. A fairly generic, if easy drinking, lager from Belgium. Not really worth paying the extra price over a domestic beer.

Last night went to a bar that specializes in cocktails. I had, or at least tasted:
Corpse Reviver #2, Sazerac, Trappiste Orval, Papa Doble (Hemmingway Daquiri), Little Italy, and a Pimm's Cup.

Man, if I were a rich man I'd be at that bar all the time.

Had a finger of JW Blue last night, neat. A very nice scotch but IMO not worth what I paid for the bottle.

That would be a solid price:quality at about $75 IMHO.

Last night was Compass Box Great King Street artist blend followed by an Old Weller Antique.

Bushmills Single Malt

Good stuff, SWMBO likes it... and she doesn't like single malt Scotch, and even Maker's Mark elicits "Tastes like gasoline".

On a trek to find an "every evening" indulgence and I can't find just one.
I've gone through Cragganmore, JW Black, Jameson, Bushmills (blended, yummy), and Chivas.
Enjoyed all of them. Picked up a bottle of J&B last night and I have to say that I wish I had bought the small bottle because it just didn't hit the spot.

I think I'm going to relegate the J&B to "3 Beer" status... I'll only drink it after 3 beers :biggrin:

Cracked open my holiday treat to myself! A brand new bottle of Makers 46 and it is heavenly, nothing like putting presents under the tree with a bit o' burbon Happy Holidays everyone!

Say, what's the difference between this thread and the What Are You Drinking thread?

Tonight it's Highland Park 12. It's the first time I couldn't find the original bottle and had to buy the flatter/rounded bottle in the cardboard tube. I swear it tastes different too. Or, it could be all the Laphraoig and Ardbeg I've been drinking. Has more of a fruitier nose to it not unlike a brandy but a little smoky. Enjoying it all the same, it leaves a nice woody barrel aftertaste. Or, it could be that even after all these years my palette is getting even better.

On Christmas day:

Pappy 15

Today:

Gosling's Black Seal and Fever Tree Ginger Beer

Nice! Went with Rittenhouse BIB, then a Hendricks martini (the wife and I started the Bond Blu-ray set with Dr. No last night, so it seemed appropriate...). Here's a teaser on the new bar; will start a new thread with more pics in it soon.

$Photo 2.jpg

Christmas Day I finished my bottle of Bowmore 15.
Last night was Springbank 10 and that gross Old Forester Birthday Bourbon.

Say, what's the difference between this thread and the What Are You Drinking thread?

This one has been running longer and the originator of the other one fumbled a search :)

Top Bottom