What's new

Indulgence of the Night - 2012

Monday night was more Glenlivet Nadurra cask strength. I have one more dram and that's all she wrote. I would buy this again as it has been really nice. Way way better than that Glenlivet 12 or 15

Talk to me, my man...I live vicariously through your Indulgences, and this one is new to me.

Says the guy with three bottles of pappy on the shelf... sure. :wink2:

http://www.asmithbowman.com/

John J. Bowman is a Virginia Straight Bourbon Whiskey bottled at 100 proof. NAS, but I've drunk enough Bourbon in my life to tell you it isn't young. The bottle I have is from a barrel purchased by Brown Derby Liquor Stores. They had a tasting and I found it very smooth and tasty. Anyway, I liked it enough to buy a bottle. Their master distiller worked at Buffalo Trace and trained with Elmer T. Lee, among others. The resulting product shows he learned his lessons well. It isn't Pappy 15 (what is?) but it is very good and I like variety.

Says the guy with three bottles of pappy on the shelf... sure. :wink2:

Ha! One lucky score just gets me on the lead lap, not out in front.

Their master distiller worked at Buffalo Trace and trained with Elmer T. Lee, among others. The resulting product shows he learned his lessons well. It isn't Pappy 15 (what is?) but it is very good and I like variety.

I like a little variety, as well, which is why I pay close attention to OldAF Indulgences. Virginia Straight Bourbon Whiskey will be a new one for me.

Side note: the wife and I are having an old entertainment center converted to a bar...here's a before pic. Will post an after when it comes back.

I have high hopes for the E.H. Taylor single barrel, vis a vis Pappy's 15yo. We'll see.

$CameraAwesomePhoto.jpg

Bowmore 15. I hated the bottle of 12 that I was given but I'm not sure it was representative. I was sent home from a party with a half bottle of the 15 and just tried it last night. It was really nice.

Last night 12/12/12 I had some Glenlivit 12 year old. I figured that twelve year old scotch would be appropriate for the occasion.

Enjoying another James Bond special tonight. This time, its from Man With a Golden Gun (the book). Bond orders a Pink Gin - Beefeater with plenty of bitters. Well, I happen to have both!

I'm having a couple fingers of Wyoming Whiskey. Just released for the first time Dec. 1st (I stood in line at the liquor store at 7:30 to get my two bottles). It's nice, young at 3 years but is fairly complex and much smoother than I'd expect from such a young whiskey. It's going to be pretty great in another two years I'd say.

I've been slowly working through my Laphraoig Cairdeas and 18yr. Both are at roughly the same price point (~$75). I like them both but I prefer the 18yr to the Cairdeas and the 10yr to both of them. The Cairdeas tastes young and requires a good bit of water (1.5 tsp/oz) to become palatable to me. I prefer the 18 and 10 with just a few drops of water although I commonly enjoy them straight. Soon these bottles with be gone and I'll probably replace them with the 10yr or Quarter Cask.

Here's the deal. If Cairdeas were the same price as the 10, I might keep a bottle around. At the same price as the 18 it ain't gonna happen again.

Top Bottom