What's new

How often do you shave?

Just to get an idea and some opinions from fellow DE shavers. I shave every two to three days. Probably a muscle memory reaction from the wasted years spent cart shaving. I was thinking of starting an everyday shaving habit. What are some opinions of this? Do you suffer any higher (if any) irritation? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Typically six to seven nights a week. Occasionally only five, depending on circumstances. I used to shave 1-3 times a week when I used cartridge razors. I have less irritation now with current products and more frequent shaves.

I am a head-only shaver, but I shave daily. The only time I get irritation is when I try too hard for the BBS, or when I try to reuse a blade. My head, evidently, destroys blades, so even a Feather caused discomfort on a second use.

Bear in mind that I am new to both DE shaving AND head shaving. I have only been shaving my head for just over a month, and started using a DE razor not quite 2 weeks ago...

For reference...I don't shave my face, ever. No irritation, there...:biggrin1:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
More often than not. I might skip somewhere between one and three days per week, depending on what I need to do. I shave nearly every weekday morning just because I enjoy it and just in case I need to be somewhere or do something where I need to be shaven. Weekends get more skip days. Still, I often will shave on a Saturday afternoon or evening, and that will get me through Sunday without any problem.

If I'm camping, I don't bother at all. If I'm traveling in some other manner, it's pretty much every day.

Another daily. When I use DE it is one pass and sometimes touchup and haven't experienced irritation. Having good technique, prep and a keen razor are all you need.

Every single day unless I'm on an international flight that requires me to go longer than 24 hours. Sometimes I shave on the plane, but occasionally it just isn't practical. I've done this ever since my oath of office. I did miss a few days my first deployment to Iraq, but we were under pretty tight water rations and I wasn't allowed to shave.

Top Bottom