What's new

How many of you are from Michigan?

That's awesome! Glad to hear it. I am sooooooooo happy to see the Big 3 are coming back! Really, you like 5 Guys that much? I have yet to try it! It sounds like it's so worth it!
Yes I love 5 Guys. It's so simple but they do a good job making the burgers. The fries on the other hand are meh, they don't fry them long enough. But if your ever close to one you should try it.

Yes I love 5 Guys. It's so simple but they do a good job making the burgers. The fries on the other hand are meh, they don't fry them long enough. But if your ever close to one you should try it.

I have a couple of them that are close. Thank you for the recommendation!

I was born in Grand Rapids and Damn Proud of it ! I'm what they call a Yankee by birth and a Texan by choice. But Proud to be a Yankee from Michigan ! Thank You

There is a place in A-Squared, Maison Edwards. It gets good comments, I haven't been there yet,

It's more than just a place, it's an old-school icon of sorts. One of those spots that's out of place with the predominately young Ann Arbor demographic, but very hip at the same time if you know what I mean.
Cigars, pipe tobacco and if you know how to ask for them, looseys. Brushes, soaps, creams, blades, DEs and straights as well as lots of other "manly" eclectica.
Downside? Smoking is allowed and ventillation is usually performed by leaving the door opened. Worth the trip. Bring plenty of quarters. Parking at meters is strictly monitored.

It's more than just a place, it's an old-school icon of sorts. One of those spots that's out of place with the predominately young Ann Arbor demographic, but very hip at the same time if you know what I mean.
Cigars, pipe tobacco and if you know how to ask for them, looseys. Brushes, soaps, creams, blades, DEs and straights as well as lots of other "manly" eclectica.
Downside? Smoking is allowed and ventillation is usually performed by leaving the door opened. Worth the trip. Bring plenty of quarters. Parking at meters is strictly monitored.

See, now I need to go!! UGH! Thanks! Ha! I will bring plenty of quarters when I go. Thank you for the suggestion. :001_smile

Wow, I'm feeling the brotherhood!

I too am from MI; currently living in Washington Twp. I'm also an MSU grad.

As far as coneys go, my vote is for Lafayette!

Wow, I'm feeling the brotherhood!

I too am from MI; currently living in Washington Twp. I'm also an MSU grad.

I am also happy to see that there is a lot of "brotherhood" here as well. I never expected this thread to reach 4 pages. :thumbup:

Of course many Michiganders such as myself, are now mourning the loss of Sparky Anderson. 1984 was the best year of baseball thanks to his leadership.

Good choice!

I too am from Washington, Michigan. Michigan is a great state--lots of agricultural diversity, plenty of outdoor activities, and some of the most scenic vistas in the country.

Of course many Michiganders such as myself, are now mourning the loss of Sparky Anderson. 1984 was the best year of baseball thanks to his leadership.

Good choice!

Oh my gosh! Yes! How depressing! Two Detroit Tigers icons gone in the same year. At least they are in a better place sharing laughs again. What sad news!

Top Bottom