What's new

How many of you are from Michigan?

T

TeMpTiN

I was born and raised in Saginaw County.
Summered 3 miles south of Cheboygan for nearly 20 years.
My stomping ground ranged from Charlevoix to Windsor.
Graduated from EMU, My wife went to the blue school next door.

After Med School we moved to Bethesda for a year, then 29 Palms CA for 2, back to DC for 3, and now Jacksonville NC, Gotta love the Navy.

I'm a 'orignal' Michigander......born & raised in East Lansing & a 'grad' from MSU... :laugh:

Go Green...Go White...Go Spartans...:thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Christopher :badger:

PS Spartans Football Team is 8-0 overall and 4-0 in the Big Ten Conference and next 'on-the-plate-to-be-served' is the Iowa Hawkeyes in a Big Ten Conference football showdown :w00t: this Saturday, Oct. 30, 2010, at Iowa City, Iowa.

By the way, my Spartans are off to their best start since their 1966 famed squad opened 9-0, and are two wins shy of matching the school-record 10-0 start of the 1965 team
(I was just a young 'whipper-snapper' back then) :cornut:

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Fellow Spartan here and Michigan native. Born in Detroit and raised in Southfield. Moved away but still have plenty of family in Oakland County.

I would KILL for a Coney Island right now.

I grew up in New Baltimore, went to school at Michigan State then lived in Warren before moving out of state for work.

Coneys...now I'm getting really hungry.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I grew up in New Baltimore, went to school at Michigan State then lived in Warren before moving out of state for work.

Coneys...now I'm getting really hungry.

The Queen City has some fine coneys, I actually prefer Skylini's to the other versions I've had

I am from Michigan originally, but live in the Chicago burbs. Born in Jackson, MI. My dad's side of the family lives in the Bay City/Saginaw area. Actually making the trip to Detroit this weekend to catch the Red Wings.

Another Michigander here. I live in Harper Woods... (suburb of Detroit for those that don't know where it's at).

Grew up in St. Clair Shores and Warren.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Fellow Spartan here and Michigan native. Born in Detroit and raised in Southfield. Moved away but still have plenty of family in Oakland County.

I would KILL for a Coney Island right now.

Mike:
AMEN to you too :thumbup1:

About 4 months ago, I came home (new White Hills), to E.L. and had a 'blast' :a8: with my family and friends :a17: and visited many of my old 'stompng grounds' at Beggars Banquet, P.T. O'Malleys, Peanut Barrel and catching a few sets of live Jazz & Blues :a5: at the Green Door Lounge. Downtown E.L. and the MSU Campus hasn't changed too much (which I liked to see), :w00t:

Last edited:
Mike:
AMEN to you too :thumbup1:

About 4 months ago, I came home to E.L. and had a 'blast' :a8: with my family and friends :a17: and visited many of my old 'stompng grounds' at Beggars Banquet, P.T. O'Malleys, Peanut Barrel and catching a few sets of live Jazz & Blues :a5: at the Green Door Lounge :w00t:

Ah yes, the good ole Peanut Barrel. I rented the big blue/grey house at the intersection of Bailey and Albert (a short stumble from the Barrel) for a couple of years. I spent a lot of time and money at that place.

Good times...

S

Slystad810

I've lived in Warren, Oakland Township, and now Sterling Heights. Anybody know of any good shops for gear around here? Just been to Churchill's in Birmingham and various shops at Somerset.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I'm a 'Michigander'......born & raised in East Lansing (home of the Spartans), & a 'grad' from MSU... :laugh:

Go Green...Go White...Go Spartans...:thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

PS Spartans Football Team is 8-0 overall and 4-0 in the Big Ten Conference and next 'on-the-plate-to-be-served' is the Iowa Hawkeyes in a Big Ten Conference football showdown :w00t: this Saturday, Oct. 30, 2010, at Iowa City, Iowa.

By the way, my Spartans are off to their best start since their 1966 famed squad opened 9-0, and are two wins shy of matching the school-record 10-0 start of the 1965 team
(I was just a young 'whipper-snapper' back then) :cornut:

Spartan Alumni...Rejoice!!!

Do you remember our Alma Mater Song "MSU Shadows" which was proudly sung after every football game in front of the Music Building after our Marching Band marched there from Spartan Stadium to the intricate cadence of the percussion section?

I do... :thumbup1:

"M.S.U. we love thy shadows when twilight silence falls,
Flushing deep and softly paling O'er ivy covered halls;
Beneath the pines we'll gather To give our faith so true,
Sing our love for Alma Mater And thy praises M.S.U".

"When from these scenes we wander and twilight shadows fade,
Our memory still will linger Where light and shadows played;
In the evening oft we'll gather And pledge our faith a new,

I've lived in Warren, Oakland Township, and now Sterling Heights. Anybody know of any good shops for gear around here? Just been to Churchill's in Birmingham and various shops at Somerset.

Churchill's is the best one that I know of. Though, I am not sure how good or bad their pricing may be. Anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited:
Spartan Alumni...Rejoice!!!

Do you remember our Alma Mater Song "MSU Shadows" which was proudly sung after every football game in front of the Music Building after our Marching Band marched there from Spartan Stadium to the intricate cadence of the percussion section?

I do... :thumbup1:

"M.S.U. we love thy shadows when twilight silence falls,
Flushing deep and softly paling O'er ivy covered halls;
Beneath the pines we'll gather To give our faith so true,

"When from these scenes we wander and twilight shadows fade,
Our memory still will linger Where light and shadows played;
In the evening oft we'll gather And pledge our faith a new,

Brings a tear to my eye when I hear that song. Man I miss E. Lansing.

When was the last time someone at at El Azteco?

Brings a tear to my eye when I hear that song. Man I miss E. Lansing.

When was the last time someone at at El Azteco?

For people like me that didn't go to State, it surely is a great place to hang out and unwind with State friends!

Top Bottom