What's new

How About Them 9mms?

Awesome seeing all the Hi-Power love!!

Here's mine. Early 80's production target model.

$BHP.jpg

My soul'less G26 sees more carry time, but volume goes to this one. Eats my home cast loads like candy! I may do a commander Hammer conversion from C&S soon...

I own a few 9mm pistols, but here is one that I just re-finished in FN black. Its a BHP Mark III former Israeli Army that was bead blasted and re-parked by the importer. I decided it needed to have the FN black finish again, and did it myself. Surprisingly easy to do.

I own a few 9mm pistols, but here is one that I just re-finished in FN black. Its a BHP Mark III former Israeli Army that was bead blasted and re-parked by the importer. I decided it needed to have the FN black finish again, and did it myself. Surprisingly easy to do.

The black finish looks amazing. Well done! Nice MKIII.

I'm also a Beretta 92 Fan. Mine is a 92S (Italian Police). While it was made in the 80s I understand it was in storage in Italy until around 2000 and then surplus-ed this year. It looked like it had barely been fired until I put 150 rnds through it last Sunday.

I used to have a Hi Power, and I think the Beretta feels similar, but is a better design.

My every day carry or should I say off duty carry is a Gen 3 Glock 19. I love it and its small enough to conceal but big enough to fight with. I carry mine in a Crossbread Supertuck holster.

I carry a Glock 20 (gen3/SF), Glock 19 (g4), or a Colt Commander. Kinda depends on the weather and what I'm doing.

So glad to see gun nuts here as well. :)

I finally got around to shooting pics of our 9mms. The wife and I each have a Springfield XDs with a little nail polish on them. I used mine for practice and then did hers as a surprise. The gun was an X-Mas present for her last year, so I had to sneak around her nail polish drawer while she was out. That was an interesting experience, haha.

Anyway, mine is done with black paint in the stampings, which is kind of hard to see, and white on the raised XDs logo. Hers is all pink. I did the top Springfield logo on both guns as well. The holster is my White Hat IWB holster with horse leather. They're not the cheapest, but the modular Kydex is great. I bought the holster for a Glock, before trading it for the XDs, and just had to order new Kydex instead of a whole new holster.

Awesome seeing all the Hi-Power love!!

Here's mine. Early 80's production target model.

View attachment 530480

My soul'less G26 sees more carry time, but volume goes to this one. Eats my home cast loads like candy! I may do a commander Hammer conversion from C&S soon...

Looks mine before I modified it. First the orginal sight would not stay tight so I replaced it with a Millett adjustable. then a bunch of Cylinder and Slide parts. CNC milled sear, and small commander hammer( recommended highly) extended safety, slide release and finally a BarSto barrel fitted. If nothing else, take the magazine safety out, and it will greately improve the trigger pull, at least getting rid of the gritty feeling as the safety shoe moves against the front magazine surface. Before doing this I even went so far as to polish the shoe and the area on the magazine where it was contacted by the sliding shoe. This helped some but not as much as totally removing this part which only serves to disable the gun if the magazine is removed.

Just shot my friend's Sig p226 Mk25 this weekend for the first time. Simply an amazing gun. I put nearly all 15 rds in the tightest group I've ever shot at 10 yds. Bumped it to 20 yds and still shot good.

I think out of every handgun I've ever shot, this is now the most impressive. Prior to the Sig it was a Walther P99 in 9mm.

Loved my Browning Hi Power. I have a 3rd Gen. S&W 6906 by the bed. I have two 5906's in the safe and a Walther PPX on the way.

I'm also a Beretta 92 Fan. Mine is a 92S (Italian Police). While it was made in the 80s I understand it was in storage in Italy until around 2000 and then surplus-ed this year. It looked like it had barely been fired until I put 150 rnds through it last Sunday.

I used to have a Hi Power, and I think the Beretta feels similar, but is a better design.

how much was the 92 surplus??

Just shot my friend's Sig p226 Mk25 this weekend for the first time. Simply an amazing gun. I put nearly all 15 rds in the tightest group I've ever shot at 10 yds. Bumped it to 20 yds and still shot good.

I think out of every handgun I've ever shot, this is now the most impressive. Prior to the Sig it was a Walther P99 in 9mm.
Out of the range of 9mm i have shot, my cousins Walther PPQ was very enjoyable and an excellent shot, so much so i picked up the PPQ M2 last week for my self.

I also had a hard time accommodating the grip angle of the Glocks, though I persevered with the G19 for some time. Fugly, too.

When SWMBO and I tried out a friend's Walther PPQM2 it was love at first grip--the most comfortable, natural-feeling pistol I've ever tried. With the small backstrap she likes it even better. Very light, buttery smooth trigger with a very short reset. We couldn't be happier.

$Walther-PPQ-600x465.jpg

Top Bottom