What's new

"Have you ever stockpiled a discontinued product?"

Went from 0 Super Iridiums to 350 and will probably buy more while Emilio has them. Is 6 tubes of C.O. Bigelow stockpiling? Oh yeah, does RAD count, if so I am in trouble.

I've bought two kilos of P160 and two 400 ml bottles of Floid Blue. I'll probably buy more Floid Blue while it's still around.

I stocked up original Body Shop shaving cream. (Mind you, that was mainly because it had been marked down to about $5, making it pretty irresistible.)
Same here ... I got 2 of everything (tub, tube and ASB tube) when it got down to the $3 and $4 range ... I wish I'd gotten more.

Four years later, and I still haven't finished the first tub I opened. I reserve it for special occasion shaves and testing out new brushes.

Every time I go into a TBS store, I ask about original formula, and the girls tell me that they are taught about it in training classes, but they've never actually seen one in person.

I don't care what The Body Shop says ... Maca Root just ain't the same.

Not intentionally but I did somehow acquire four one kilo blocks of various Italian soaps. Not only am I set for life but I think the girlfriends son is too.

Blades I usually always buy by the hundred for cost savings vs stock piling. However, I recently acquired a "few" extra tubs of Proraso White label for sensitive skin as I've not had a chance to try the new version to see if it is the same so I stocked up. That's my favorite soap and I figure with proper storage it will keep for several years?

Dude, we have people here who stockpile stuff that isn't being discontinued. If the product does go out of production or is reformulated it's just a happy coincidence!

I am currently stockpiling incandenscent light bulbs against the misguided bans.

I think they repealed that bulb ban. It was supposed to go into effect on the first of this year.

Yes, Congress banned the government from spending any money on banning the light bulbs.

Last edited:
I think they repealed that bulb ban. It was supposed to go into effect on the first of this year.

No, it's still in effect, there is just no money appropriated for enforcement. But, the manufatureres are still discontinuing production. It's a phased ban, only 100W bulbs are currently banned (and just try to find one of these), others will be banned on a predetermined schedule.

No, it's still in effect, there is just no money appropriated for enforcement. But, the manufatureres are still discontinuing production. It's a phased ban, only 100W bulbs are currently banned (and just try to find one of these), others will be banned on a predetermined schedule.

This is so stupid. People do not realize how extremely toxic the "curly fry" bulbs. I saw pictures of someone that accidentally stepped on one. The mercury got in his foot and he dang near lost it. Many surgeries and weeks in the hospital.

Futur (really just wanted a gold one), Muhle r101 (open comb version), CO Bigelow (it was on sale, 6 tubes), all my favorite blades (have about 400 of each brand I like). I don't know if its stockpiling, in my case I would call it consumerism.

Stockpiled Toms of Maine Mint SC, Old formula Omega SC with lanolin, The body shop old version SC, Noxzema SC, and about 500 Iridiums which I wound up selling. The only thing I which I stockpiled and didnt was Aveda AS balm. It was by far the best AS ever. Miss it dearly.

Top Bottom