What's new

Vintage Personna Precision 1943 Razor Blades. Anyone Have Examples?

An advertisment from LIFE magazine dated May 31st 1943.

Personna Precision

Fine As A Rare Jewel

Personna
Precision Precision Double edged Blades

10 For $1

Why worth it? - Because Personna gives you the finest possible
shaving results - The best possible shaving satisfaction

PERSONNA BLADE CO, INC.
EXECUTIVE OFFICES - 599 MADISON AVE - NYC

If your dealer can't supply you, send check or money order to dept. J

I cant reproduce the original ad due to copyright, but it's here LIFE - https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=MU4EAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=true on page 10.

Incredibly expensive. 10c a blade. Do any vintage blade experts have any info or pics on this blade? It appears to be most expensive blade on the market at this time.

From inflation calculators they appear to be $17.94 for 10 in 2024 currency.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
DSC00008.jpg

Here you go @Alum Ladd

These are UK blades in a quite sophisticated plastic dispenser. I doubt if they are 1943 tech. Wartime demands on materials seems to rule them out. They also appear to have a slide out feature on the dispenser? Interesting but I suspect these blades are post 1948 Gillette SpeedPak tech.

The ones in the ad are US made in 43'. These appear to be 1950s? Maybe distantly related in terms of name but these wartime US Personnas seem to be highly expensive and making great claims.

Anyone have examples of these US 1943 Personnas?

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
These are UK blades in a quite sophisticated plastic dispenser. I doubt if they are 1943 tech. Wartime demands on materials seems to rule them out. They also appear to have a slide out feature on the dispenser? Interesting but I suspect these blades are post 1948 Gillette SpeedPak tech.

The ones in the ad are US made in 43'. These appear to be 1950s? Maybe distantly related in terms of name but these wartime US Personnas seem to be highly expensive and making great claims.

Any one have examples of these US 1943 Personnas?
That set is made in '53, apparently. How the blades differ, I couldn't tell you.

16655805540_bb057fae2e_c-1.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

DAMN, that took some finding only to come up .... well ... errr ... made in Glasgow :crying: damn I really wanted to win the prize! 💩

1-IMG_1943_02_30_8675309_HDR~2.jpg

I've unwrapped one, exactly twice, the first time I sure as hell noticed very quickly they were "The" sharpest blades I've ever had the misfortune of un-cautiously handling, today I treated it with respect, i still remember last time.

Just going on my finger tips? I would hazard a guess the precision was spot on and probably warranted the price?? maybe?
Incidentally these were bought in with your favourite [Soup Plex] :D on a scale of will you cut yourself? I'd rate it 10/10!

No idea on dates, but it does soughta fit your enquiry except for country :crazy: