What's new

Handwriting samples, pics! Let us see yours.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Dear James,

Please cease and desist your fancy smancy fountain pen trickery. Your magical writing is making me want to purchase a fountain pen and learn the crafty lines and artistic flair. This is not good for my wallet.

Sincerely Toothpick aka Jason

and now the other half of me:

it looks sooo coooooooll!!! i want to do that!!!

Dear James,

Please cease and desist your fancy smancy fountain pen trickery. Your magical writing is making me want to purchase a fountain pen and learn the crafty lines and artistic flair. This is not good for my wallet.

Sincerely Toothpick aka Jason

and now the other half of me:

it looks sooo coooooooll!!! i want to do that!!!
Don't blame me... Nemo Doug posted a video and started it for me a while back now

I tried another way to apply the wax heat the wax then rub it on the paper, it didn't work out as well as my usual way of letting it drip on to where I want to seal to go.

After joining the 2013 Shaving Sabbatical, I saw several references to The Nib Thread as many folks talked "openly of transferring some of their AD behavior" there and and I decided to check it out :smile:

I have been lurking for awhile, enjoying it but NOT understanding 80% of what I'm reading (!) and finally went & dragged out a couple of Parker FPs I had bought from my brother-in-law a few months back that I wanted to use in writing notes. I had been planning to create some notes with photographs I have taken over to years in Apple's iPhoto to send out to family & friends.

Well, I quickly realized from this thread I needed to revisit my writing so I went to the Palmermethod website (remembered from waaaay back!) and have been practicing which was a revelation how much work was needed and after 40 years working with computers

So with that I'm late but attaching a scanned example of where I am at currently and plan to continue on this course. I have about 6 to 8 different notes being printed in Apple iPhoto application so I'll have incentive to continue. I recently sent a note to a friend with images I took from the Monument Valley and Navajo Nation in Arizona that he thoroughly enjoyed.

Gene

$Penmanship Example 1 of 1.jpg

You start with a 51 a pelikan? Your doomed...

Welcome to the Nib... btw is that hilroy paper?

The paper is just a pad of office lined paper that was in a binder. Mrs Retiredgene was into the writing of notes months before me and we gathered all the various pads, picked the ones that looked fine to practice with. She is way ahead of me and "remembers" all the Palmer penmanship classes & exercises from back in the day while doing twelve years of parochial school :biggrin1:

My brother-in-law restores pens and when I asked him for something to give the Mrs. as a gift and for me to practice, he suggested Parker FPs, said they were classic & well made, those were the two he selected along with a bottle of Pelikan 4001 ink. The Vacumatic has a medium tip (nib?) that I like and the 51 a smaller & finer tip. I'll be seeing my brother-in-law later today and will ask him about the Philadelphia Pen show, will show him this thread, the photos taken as as he attended the show and he probably knows some of the folks.

I have just exhausted everything I know about pens, time to go and do today's exercises :thumbup:

Gene

I've always marveled at anyone who has beautiful handwriting. Alas....my own handwriting is horrible. I've always had difficulty handling a writing instrument. In fact in Grade 11 my Chemistry teacher suggested I print, rather than attempt to write. I took his advice.

Top Bottom