What's new

Gillette Aristocrat Disassembly

That's the #21 with blade gap/exposure issues, isn't it?

That's a nice one and I'm sure Brent will enjoy the shaves now that you fixed it! :thumbup1:

That's the #21 with blade gap/exposure issues, isn't it?

That's a nice one and I'm sure Brent will enjoy the shaves now that you fixed it! :thumbup1:
I believe it is, Sir! He sent me a link that he posted of it originally but I cannot find it:bored: When the doors were closed, they wouldn't clamp down on the blade and secure it. She's all secure now!

Aye, that's the one Edgar, thanks! Brent made a very accurate observation on what he thought was causing the issue. The door hinges or "wings" as I have heard them called were bent upward so much that the doors were literally trying to close too much and pressing against each other before having the ability to clamp down on the blade. A simple tweak downward on both ends corrected the issue while maintaining that tight closure on the doors.

I suspect that someone in the past figured out how to make the gap between the doors tighter and simply bent too far.

That is a nice looking unit. Does the #16 come apart in a similar manner?

The #16 will be a bit trickier since it's a rocket-style TTO.

I've disassembled HD Rockets, and if the #16 is like the HD (which I'm pretty sure it is) you'll have to undo the head/handle crimping.

$CAM01519.jpg

More info here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/238603-Anatomy-of-a-Rocket?highlight=anatomy+of+a+rocket

Last edited:
Thanks so much for getting the #21 operational again :thumbup1: She sure looks good laying out on the green microfiber! I cannot wait to see how she shaves now that the blade will tighten up. Awesome work CAP. :thumbup:

Coming a bit late to the party here, but I've got a '40/'41 Aristocrat that seems to be not so far down the path as Cap's first example here, but it definitely shows a silver tone through the gold on the handle where it's wearing away. I don't know if Gillette was maybe experimenting with their plating process with these or what.

proxy.php

Coming a bit late to the party here, but I've got a '40/'41 Aristocrat that seems to be not so far down the path as Cap's first example here, but it definitely shows a silver tone through the gold on the handle where it's wearing away. I don't know if Gillette was maybe experimenting with their plating process with these or what.

proxy.php

Are you kidding me...its not a party til you get here:thumbup:

For all subscribed to/viewing this thread, I want to extend my most sincere thanks and appreciation for contributing to such an entertaining yet educational thread. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Nice thread, Cap. If I had known you liked working on Aristocrats, I would have sent you one! Instead, it just went straight to RazorPlate, as it was madly thrashed. Truly, the mechanics on it were fine, so it only would have come to you for pure fun.

TL

proxy.php
I dont think they would experiment on a Flag ship razor though....why not do it on lower end model?

Top Bottom