What's new

Gillette Aristocrat Disassembly

Greetings Everyone!

CAP here bringing you yet another Gillette model disassembly/cleanup/repair thread. I would localize everything in one universal thread but creating separate threads makes it easier for myself and anyone else viewing to focus on one model at a time. PLUS, it's more fun this way:biggrin:

So here's the skinny on the Aristocrats: I don't know much about em as far as identification goes but I DO know how they work, how to take them apart, and repair them as I am sure many people here do. Those of you who are Gillette identification Encyclopedias (@Nuclearblast, cough-cough) feel free to jump in and correct me and/or positively ID as necessary.

So to begin, I would like to show two Aristocrats that were sent to me in a big lot from @Greene301. This lot, including the two Crats, contains some of the cruddiest razors I have ever seen, no joke. The razors in this lot are bent, broken, dull, cruddy, and overall look like death:scared: Each one will be shown in its respective thread:thumbup:

Here is the first Aristocrat:
$100_3607.jpg$100_3608.jpg$100_3609.jpg$100_3610.jpg$100_3611.jpg

Last edited:
Ya know, I thought the same thing, Edgar. I suspect some prior disassembly/customization as the retainer screw that should? be there is sheared off inside the end of the door rod.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Can't wait to see the other beauties. :lol:

(I'm sure they'll improve drastically after you work your magic on them. :thumbsup:) These are very cool razors and deserve to be saved.

Here is the photo of the crat disassembled. Sorry it isn't on my notorious "green" cloth...these ones were cruddy so all disassembly photos went to the paper towel background:laugh:
$100_3652.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I have no idea how one would remove the gold so evenly and leave just nickel. I've got one that's half worn off everywhere. :001_huh:

After reading all of the replies from you knowledgeable gentlemen, I took a look at the handle AND TTO and it's spotless. There are no traces of gold plating or laquer whatsoever. The inside of the TTO knob IS gold plated however so I suspect someone just rubbed this puppy down.

Top Bottom