What's new

Gillette Aristocrat Disassembly

Do you Gentlemen think that someone swapped the handle and TTO knob on that first Aristocrat like Alex said? It seems like the top is from a 46-47 Aristocrat as it has "PAT. NOS. ON PACKAGE" in the blade tray and the lower is from a Regent? But this is interesting, didn't the 46-47 Aristocrats have endcaps? Ol' CAP is straight up confused.
My first thought was that, you know that it may be possible too.

Do you Gentlemen think that someone swapped the handle and TTO knob on that first Aristocrat like Alex said? It seems like the top is from a 46-47 Aristocrat as it has "PAT. NOS. ON PACKAGE" in the blade tray and the lower is from a Regent? But this is interesting, didn't the 46-47 Aristocrats have endcaps? Ol' CAP is straight up confused.

See where there's no gold left shows only brass, not nickel. The handle should be the same.

View attachment 531828
That is the confusing part......

Could have come from the factory during the cross over fron the 41 modle to the 46-47 models mabey or it could be a frankinrazor

It could be a factory left over part razor, a Frankenrazor is a good theory.

Thank you, Gentlemen! I too have learned a great deal from all of the discussion here, this stuff sure is fun and we have some very knowledgeable members!:thumbup:

Jimmy, I will be managing the PIF's as agreed between me and Mr. Greene. I am somewhat of a minimalist so the things I can include in the PIFs will be limited to basically the razor and some blade samples...I know I'm boring:blush:

When I do start them, I will do separate PIF threads for each razor and I will post links to the PIFs in the threads I have featured the razors in.

If you gents have any creative ideas, suggestions, or recommendations on requirements and formatting, I am all ears. I am not exactly the "PIFmaster":lol:

Last edited:
Here's an Aristocrat that I just did a quick tune-up on:
$100_3684.jpg$100_3685.jpg
It had some functional issues with the doors opening and closing as well as some slightly bent safety bars. If you look at the area where the T-bar attaches to the door rod, there is some greenish/blue substance that oozed out as a result of me pinching the crimp area closed with my tools. This area was slightly flared out, causing some resistance when loading a blade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom