What's new

Gentleman Restraint for One Month - September 2014 Edition

#28 still in. I had some incoming shipment today, ordered before the weekend. Some different blades, and Tobs Bay Rum AS. Now, I just recently discovered bay rum, in the form of Lucky Tiger AS. I really liked it, and my swmbo approved as well. As it happens, Lucky Tiger is something I have to order from Amazon to get it all the way to Norway. And the shipping cost for that is ridiculous. AS=13 bucks, shipping=50 bucks. Needles to say I looked closer at home. Best I could do was tobs or DR Harris. Not really having to much information about any of them, I choose the cheaper. Aaaaand it smells like cloves. A lot. No, wait, more than that. It smells CLOVES! Man, I don't even know if I can ship it internationally, so I could trade it or PIF it to somebody. And I kind of promised swmbo to lay of purchases until December, so no more AS for me. Tell me you feel my pain! Haha, lifes little ironies. GL to all.

#NA had a SOTD with TOBS Shaving Shop. It has been a while since I used TOBS but I got a nice thick, slick lather. It could have handled more water and more air, but I had to get to work so I started shaving once it had that "sheen"

SOTD. My Dad's old Boar. PGS.Racer Shave cream. Gillette New LC OC. PolSilver. Thayers WH Non Alcohol Aloe Rose Petal Toner. I put in half a 1/4 oz bottle Musk EO.

Last edited:
Maybe one day I can say I'm in.. I just ordered some St Charles Soaps yesterday, and received my TGN finest f2 knot in the mail. I can't shake the AD I keep buying stuff.

Number 23, Thin Crust, is a weak willed acquisition crazed pansy. I made it to the 2nd before that Rubberset 400 handle screamed to me. In all fairness, I already had the Silvertip knot just waiting around. Sheesh, I'm pathetic. :oops:

#34 checking in. Doing fine. Purchases from last month trickling in. Once those stop, the real test of will begins :a11:

#27 in

SOTD

Schick L2 Injector
Schick Injector Blade
Merkur 23C
Polsilver SI
Omega Pro Boar 10079
Kell's Hemp/Aloe Blend - Black Tea
Alum
Proraso Aftershave Lotion

$IMG_0668.JPG

#14. Still in and haven't had any sort of temptation yet. I joined the GRU Christmas Eve list and don't really foresee any difficulty in making it until then. I've got enough creams, soaps, and blades to probably make it through a year without much running out.

#29 still in - 3 down, 28 to go.

SOTD -

Patanjali Shave Gel
Vega Nylon brush
British Military razor
Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp
Alum Block
Nivea AS

Top Bottom