What's new

First use of Gillette Perma-Sharp

Here is an ongoing thread about them.

IMO the blade is as sharp as a feather. Very smooth, no tug.
What are others opinions on this blade?

It's very good and has worked well in all my razors that I have tried. I'm afraid to try it out in extremely aggressive razors. I have most of a 100-pack left and was trying to get some more but fell afoul of the AMZ half-blade goof-up. I'll probably try to hoard 200-300 whenever the prices drop again. AMZ was charging almost $18 today for 100, and I will not pay that much of a premium.

It's very good and has worked well in all my razors that I have tried. I'm afraid to try it out in extremely aggressive razors. I have most of a 100-pack left and was trying to get some more but fell afoul of the AMZ half-blade goof-up. I'll probably try to hoard 200-300 whenever the prices drop again. AMZ was charging almost $18 today for 100, and I will not pay that much of a premium.
What is the goof up with the blades from Amazon? <EDIT> I see what the goof up is now, wow hopefully they get that problem fixed asap i would be ticked if that happened to me

Last edited:
Great blade but razor dependent... They work wonders in my Ti Blackbird but never had any luck in my Timeless Ti95 that has since moved on a couple years back.

Have to put it out there that I am a one and done shaver though so most might have very different experiences. Changed up sometime late last year and haven't looked back. I used to use a blade for 3-4 shaves but it occured to me that the first shave was best and anything more just felt uncomfortable to me. I was always chasing the blade to get that first use result and sometimes failing miserably!! DE blades are really cheap when comparing cost into the overall shave...

The PERMA-SHARP is very smooth and very sharp. It is a good blade. The price for 100 count is also very good. So i will buy more and more to replace the GSB.

Top Bottom