What's new

Featured Aftershave - Aqua Velva

I still have a glass bottle of AV that I bought a couple of years ago. Now that they have it in cheap plastic bottles, I think I'll just refill my glass bottle instead of throwing it away :)

Aqua Velva is awesome stuff!! I will forever have a bottle (or two) in my den. The Ice Sport is pretty nice too, not as much menthol blast but still pleasant none the less. There are many vastly more expensive aftershaves that are not 1/4 as good as Aqua Velva.

Migraine sufferer here,too.
The only thing that will relieve my migraines is Imitrex (Generic) The worst migraines are gone in usually 45 min to an hr....Sometimes the side effects are pretty unpleasant ( tingling chest and arms) but better than the migraine...
Motrine is not bad eitherto fight migraines

Otherwise, one thing that works for me put my head under the showerhead, and blast it with ice cold water

It's brutal, but it works

I still have a glass bottle of AV that I bought a couple of years ago. Now that they have it in cheap plastic bottles, I think I'll just refill my glass bottle instead of throwing it away :)

I use a syringe to refill my glass bottles.

Clayton

Any reports on this scent changing over the years?

I picked up some AV a while back. While very similar to the scent I loved many years ago, I thought it was different. A little stronger and cloying in a way I didn't enjoy...maybe a bit more like cheap AS. Maybe my memory isn't that good...but I was disappointed.

My all time fave was Aqua Velva Redwood. $av redwood.jpgLOVED that stuff. Where has it gone!!! Is there anything like it out there?

Last edited:
azrichter, since Redwood is discontinued perhaps you could give AV Original Sport a try? It's only sold in Canada as far as I know, and smells very different to my nose than the other AVs. I believe this place will ship to the US. :001_smile

I'm middle-aged and I finally got around to using it after discovering B&B. Initially, I thought it was "too much," scent-wise, but I quickly got used to it and came to like it a lot. I was able to find a couple of glass bottles, so I should be set - I'll probably decant into them once they're used up.

It's a blast of menthol and a scent that, while a little strong when applied, settles down very nicely and very quickly.

I know the thread is focused on AV Blue, but I also discovered Aqua Velva Musk recently and have become a big fan of that stuff as well. It's sort of retro musk scent is a lot stronger than the Blue, but it's a very nice product as well.

Man, when I heard AV was discontinuing the glass bottles, I stocked up. Think I have about 4 of the small bottles, and one of the 7 ounce bottles. Should be enough to last for years, considering how many aftershaves I use. I still use it at least once a week or so. Good stuff, and one of my wife's favorites.

Jeff

Aqua Velva is a great product and all three (Classic, Ice Sport, and Musk) are in my den. The classic and ice sport share the top spot for my standard go to after shave and get used more than any other.

Not much of an aftershave user here, so I only have a couple. Being retired and shaving in late afternoon or night, I don't see much point in wearing it. One of those I do use if I have a morning shave is AV. My wife likes the scent. It's the only aftershave I get a comment on.

njpaddy--Good enough reason right there

I found this later in life when I recently tried to slow down and try to find ways to enjoy the things I have to do each day (how I found B&B and got into this madness). AV Ice Blue was part of that, and I love the stuff. I had always used whatever Gillette, Nivea, Loreal, etc., balm from the grocery store before I discovered this old fossil. I'm actually pi$$ed off that it took me so long...

Last edited:
My dad used Skin Bracer and my uncle used Old Spice so didn't have it around when I was a kid. After going through all the trendy AS .. I bought Aqua Velva. Simply the BEST !!! ...and have been using it ever since. I did keep my glass bottle ...thank goodness.

A smashing after shave with a great 1950s scent. Not always available in the UK these days and Amazon sell for about £5 but usually the same in postage. Can be picked up in the odd continental store in London for about £4. Anyone know a good, cheap retailer in the UK???

I love this stuff:001_tt1:! I have been using it for years and it works great on my skin. It really helps in the summer to cool after a shave.

Top Bottom