What's new

Favorite Books from your childhood.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
1000001019.jpg

Little Golden Books. Heaven forbid mom or dad missed a word from this one. I couldn't read, but I new it front to back.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Also I'd like to give a holler to Dolly Parton on this thread for her Imagination Library which has gifted over 225 million books to kids. I hope they will one day have similar sentiments as we've expressed here.

Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel is the first book I remember having as my own.

At the age of ten I went to the library weekly and developed a fascination for Native American tribes. I read everything I could get my hands on and when it came time for that part of history it was an easy A. From there it was Mark Twain and any comic book I could get my hands on.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
saliavin:
proxy.php
I remember reading this book over, and over again as a kid...and letting my imagination run wild! :thumbsup:
...forgot to add our other First Responders (...thinking back...it brought back 'the kid in me') . ;)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Works Cited: The Richard Scarry Collection

proxy.php
"'I'm not interested in creating a book that is read once and then placed on the shelf and forgotten. I am very happy when people write that they have worn out my books, or that they are held together by Scotch tape. I consider that the ultimate compliment". Richard Scarry

Last edited:
...forgot to add our other First Responders (...thinking back...it brought back 'the kid in me') . ;)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Works Cited: The Richard Scarry Collection

proxy.php
"'I'm not interested in creating a book that is read once and then placed on the shelf and forgotten. I am very happy when people write that they have worn out my books, or that they are held together by Scotch tape. I consider that the ultimate compliment". Richard Scarry

I used to have a decent collection of books that took up quite a bit of room. I thought about it and decided to donate the majority of them. I want to give people the opportunity to enjoy them as much as I did. Having them displayed was nice, but having them read is better in my opinion.

Top Bottom