What's new

EJ Medium SBB first use

I have been using a pure badger brush from AOS for the last 2 years. I recently bought the Edwin Jagger Medium Super Badger Brush, and all I can say is; why did I wait so long to buy a better brush?! I still believe the BBB from EJ would have made me happy, but I am not upset with this purchase. I do wish the handle was larger though. Thanks Hawkeyeted for pushing me into a better brush!

Glad you've found your brush, Chief!

I'm in the crush/lust phase with a Parker pure at the moment. It's breaking in nicely, but my 830 has been eyeballing the MWF lately and whimpering like a dog. Maybe tomorrow...

I didn't like the knot in the EJ SBB because it felt like the tips were trimmed! I was shocked to say the least that EJ would sell a "Super badger" titled brush with trimmed tips!

I didn't like the knot in the EJ SBB because it felt like the tips were trimmed! I was shocked to say the least that EJ would sell a "Super badger" titled brush with trimmed tips!

I dont feel like the tips are trimmed on mine. The tips are way softer than on my pure. When I used my buddy's Silvertip, it felt a neglible amount better, if at all. My knowledge and experience with different brushes is limited though...

I dont feel like the tips are trimmed on mine. The tips are way softer than on my pure. When I used my buddy's Silvertip, it felt a neglible amount better, if at all. My knowledge and experience with different brushes is limited though...

That's very interesting. I used the brush for over a week thinking it might "break in", even though my previous experience showed me that badgers don't break in. After using it, I had had enough of the extreme scritch.

That's very interesting. I used the brush for over a week thinking it might "break in", even though my previous experience showed me that badgers don't break in. After using it, I had had enough of the extreme scritch.

Maybe you got a bad brush, becuase I have almost no scritch at all. I know my pure has plenty.

Top Bottom