What's new

EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

I bought the uncased Toggle. I noticed that there were a ton of bids, but hadn't looked at the bid history until you posted that. Interesting.

He tried, but in the end I got my first Toggle and the honor of having one of my triumphs posted in this thread. Not sure how good of a deal I got, but I'll call it a win. :thumbup:

I have an F4 Toggle and think that it's a great shaver. I don't think you will be dissappointed.

Yeah, in my opinion both of those went for less than what the market has been bringing in recent months. I'm a little surprised. I'd be happy with the price you paid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-GOL...9XW61dP0K0XWTzV63EY6c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Someone got away pretty cheap for a cased NEW Deluxe.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Very Nice! You'll love it. I've got an extra one of those if anyone is interested (no case though). Best shaver in my line up...so far, lol :lol:

Oh I already have a couple NEW Deluxes, I didn't purchase this one. I just thought it was a really good price for a cased one. I love my NEW Deluxes!

Bought this on the 'bay yesterday...I only bought it because I had never seen one before. A short handled black beauty? Date coded 1972. It's not on Mr. Razor's site. Has anyone ever seen one of these?

$$_57.jpg$$_571.jpg$$_572.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I always understood that the short-handled version of the Super Adjustable was the "Black Beauty," even though that moniker often is applied to the long-handled version, as well.

Nice looking razor!

I always understood that the short-handled version of the Super Adjustable was the "Black Beauty," even though that moniker often is applied to the long-handled version, as well.

Nice looking razor!

To me, it looks just like a slim adjustable except it's in black :001_smile

A notable difference between these and Slims is that the scale and gunk buildup that gets under the adjustment dials over the years on some you can pick up can be soaked, scrubbed and toothpicked out of a Slim if you have to ......... But that buildup can destroy the aluminium handles on these adjustables. I've had a few where the metal has pitted extremely badly under the adjuster collars.

Of course ........ Some shavers keep their gear religiously clean ....... Don't they gents?

I've had this French set for years ....... I won't let go of it 'cos I love the case ....... Only ever seen a couple like it and they had Slims in them, funnily enough...........

$IMG_0544.jpg$IMG_0548.jpg

Picked this Old Type up on Ebay for $9.99 + shipping. I was the only bidder. It cleaned up nice with some dish soap and Brasso polish. No cracks in the handle either. Sometimes buying a dirty razor pays off.

$WP_20150422_17_07_54_Pro.jpg$WP_20150422_17_30_07_Pro.jpg$WP_20150422_17_30_44_Pro.jpg

Nice score, the first I've seen in the last few months without a cracked handle!

You are so right! I got one, but not after waiting months to find the right one. I was told that was normal in these razors due to the way they folded the sheet.

That's a nice score indeed! Congrats!

Top Bottom