What's new

Down to one!

ATT Winsor SSRH with the 3” handle (can’t remember the name). Can I have both the SB and OC plates? I have many of the razors mentioned above, but for the combined smoothness and efficiency the ATT winds for me.
Yes lol I have all three BB plates and both handles so…. I guess I’m counting razors by top caps hahaha

So… I’m attempting the impossible but I believe it will be possible for this season of life: one razor.

I’ve had the following:
Leaf Twig
Rockwell 6S
Gamechanger .68 & .84
Karve Overlander (SS)
PAA Monster Slant

I sold them all. I have… NOTHING right now. But I’m leaning towards ordering a Blackland Blackbird.I’ve learned that I like blade feel and decent efficiency — I value the process more than the result! I very rarely chase BBS and I shave every day maybe every other day.

With all of that said, who else has attempted this? Anyone successful? Also, I’m open to suggestions for “the one” if you’re so inclined to give them.
Of all the razors I've used and tried over the past 30 years i have settled on a Muhle R41 that i have been using over the past 5+ years, for me it's the ultimate razor. The trick to this razor is using the right blade with the right soap, once you have that dialed in the shaves are nothing short of Superb compared to other razors.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Of all the razors I've used and tried over the past 30 years i have settled on a Muhle R41 that i have been using over the past 5+ years, for me it's the ultimate razor. The trick to this razor is using the right blade with the right soap, once you have that dialed in the shaves are nothing short of Superb compared to other razors.
Yeah, the R41 started me on aggressive razors. The R89 did just not do it for me, used the R41 for many years.

Till I started reading Badger and Blade. After that I got a few... some ... quite some... a damn quite some... more razors.

I’m down to my Grandfathers prewar Tech, a 1948-50 Crat that was a birthday present from my wife, and a Timeless Aluminum that I have mixed feelings about. I had the Brassbird and it is a phenomenal razor. Just too heavy for me. I will probably get a Blackbird in Stainless since it is a bit lighter than Brass.
Go for the Titanium Bird. It is substantially lighter than the SS which is also a fine razor.

I could live with just a Gillette Red Tip if I had to, and did when my master bath had a plumbing flood that forced me to pack up all my SEs, DEs and SRs due to lack of space in the spare bathroom. I kept a tube of Palmolive, a synthetic brush and a user grade Red Tip and used just that for the 3+ months it took to get the house in order. Hat's off to those who appreciate the minimalistic approach, and I only had one cartridge razor when shaving was a chore, but no longer.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Go for the Titanium Bird. It is substantially lighter than the SS which is also a fine razor.
I just got the titanium baseplate for my Blackbird, and use it with the SS cap. Very nice compromise, as I don't care for titanium threads, and I make my own handles. All of the Blackbird parts are interchangeable.

~doug~

Cooking may be more accepted, but cookware can be a lot more arcane than just cooking. Almost no one wants to talk about heat diffusion of heavy tinned copper or caring for carbon steel knives any more than they want to discuss blade gap and reveal or badger versus boar. A few hobbies attract a few more interests. Most guys will talk golf equipment or fly fishing. A lot will talk guitars or cycling. Not so many will talk fountain pens or winding watches. Stereo used to be a hot topic, but it has been pushed aside by ear buds.
I play guitar semi professionaly and have an interest in mechanical watches, fountain pens, fly fishing, wet shaving and pipe smoking. Yeah I'm pretty much screwed! I couldn't however give two **** about cookwear, the irony being my partner works in a cookwear shop and gets really good discounts. Life is odd sometimes 😝

You need at least two complete razors, in case one is lost, damaged or broken.

Of those two, have a no-brain daily quick shaver, and one you really enjoy for whatever reason.

Use carts for travel.

For me personally, I get the most pleasure from my FOCS. Still looking for my no-brain daily quick shaver though, thinking of trying a Henson mild.

You need at least two complete razors, in case one is lost, damaged or broken.

Of those two, have a no-brain daily quick shaver, and one you really enjoy for whatever reason.

Use carts for travel.

For me personally, I get the most pleasure from my FOCS. Still looking for my no-brain daily quick shaver though, thinking of trying a Henson mild.
Henson is a great shaver. I might also suggest an overlander or TRC/SCS razor

Sort of reviving a dead-ish thread here but a LOT has happened....

This will be the TLDR post as I'm about to fall asleep on my keyboard, but a longer post with reviews & lessons learned to come!

My daily driver and my ONE is a Yates 921 with an H plate :)

Sneak peak, I went through: SS BB, SS BB Lite, TiBB, Ti95, Dart, GC 2.0 (lvl II), and the Yates!

More to come chaps!

Top Bottom