What's new

Do you have a dishwasher?

The apartment we have been provided in Bangkok is over the top in almost every way but it does not have a dishwasher. I really miss it. When we had our home built in New Mexico, we paid extra to upgrade to a Bosch. It runs silently and does a fantastic job.

We went to Iceland 40 years ago and the Europeans in our tour group were amazed that we had a dishwasher for just the two of us.

"How many dishes do you USE?" one woman screeched.

"A lot more than we would if we didn't have a dishwasher," my wife calmly replied.

Got mine 45 years ago. She does use the auto dishwasher, a lot.

When I cook, I hand wash as I go, so only a couple plates and such after dinner to do.

I learned over the years that having a dishwasher in the kitchen is not necessarily a time saver...and they can be a lot of work -- rinsing the dishes, loading the dishwasher, putting away the dishes, etc. And then washing the pots that don't fit in the dishwasher. Then there is the routine internal cleaning of the dishwasher itself (have you seen how much gunk accumulates in the crevices' and mechanics of a dishwasher?)

Our dishwasher broke a couple of years ago and we decided to not get it repaired. Now we do dishes by hand....and the old saying "many hands make light work" applies here -- one to wash, one to dry. We find a meal's worth of dishes takes no time to wash, especially if you have someone to dry. Washing dishes by hand is kind of relaxing...for me its a form of meditation...and I like the warm water on my hands (good for arthritis).
Anyone have a similar experience? :pipe:
We have two dishwashers. No idea why it was done but it was.

Another Bosch owner, ours is great except occasionally the door will open just enough that it stops. It’s so quiet that the only way we can tell is the time left flashes, not a big deal it just needs to be pushed a little and it starts back up.

Top Bottom