What's new

Do you have a dishwasher?

Nope.

Had one at the old house and never used it. When we did an update on the kitchen in our "new" home last year I yanked out the dishwasher, capped the water line, and shoved a beverage fridge into the opening.*

Love it.

*With approval of General gpjoe, of course.

There is just the two of us, but my wife loves to cook. That means lots of dirty dishes and silverware. We do the dishes at least every other day. We have had Bosch in the past and loved them, but couldn’t find one in town. We now have an ASKO. Very nice and very quiet.

Rusty:
plus-one-png.797576
...the Mrs. and I don't have a dishwasher besides...;

proxy.php
“Washing dishes and pots & pans builds character”. CBJ
We have one just like yours!

There's only three of us in the house, and we've never owned one, nor felt the need. We wash as we go, and that works well for us.

We don't have a microwave or TV, either, so I suspect that puts us in the minority. :p
Microwave burned out maybe 5+ years ago and haven’t moved to replace it. The microwave is purely a convenience, but I prefer to cook without.

The house I grew up in did not have a dishwasher. Well it did, but my mother had my father pull it out and install shelving in the void.

We just replaced ours to a Samsung and I had never had a washer output such clean dishes as this one does. Hi temp wash with sanitizer setting, we run it once a day, depending on what I’m cooking and my “mise en place”.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Our dishwasher broke a couple of years ago and we decided to not get it repaired.

Ours lately quit working as well. So we started doing the dishes after every meal by hand. Mrs. Hippie prefers to wash; I'm fine with drying and stowing. We agree! It takes less time, less water, we never have to re-wash a dish to get soap off it, and above all we don't have to listen to that thing humming and chugging for two hours every time.

Hmmm. Simplicity. Who'd-a thunk it?

O.H.

Yup, and we both love it. We still have to wash the big stuff by hand though. There's only two of us, so it takes 3 or 4 days to fill. Ours has some sort of Eco mode that saves water and power. My mother won't have one even though I offered to buy and install it.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
We are in the process of transitioning to a nomadic RV life. So we have been doing the RV thing part time for a number of years. Racking up lots of trips in practicing for our next phase in our journey. We are about six months away from going full time RV. Our house has a dishwasher. Our RV does not. When we are home we use it. When we are out in the RV we don’t have it. And we don’t really miss it. The RV has a big island farm sink, and doing dishes, pots, pans is a breeze. Plus we do lots of cooking outside, where the pots and pans count is much less. I suspect we won’t miss the dishwasher very much when we do go full time RV.

Bosch is the only brand of dishwasher I’ll buy. Ours is so quit my wife regularly opens it while it’s running because she can’t tell it’s on.

Ours was so quiet it had a small led light that shined down on the floor to let you k ow that it was running. Bosch dishwashers are the best.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ours lately quit working as well. So we started doing the dishes after every meal by hand. Mrs. Hippie prefers to wash; I'm fine with drying and stowing. We agree! It takes less time, less water, we never have to re-wash a dish to get soap off it, and above all we don't have to listen to that thing humming and chugging for two hours every time.

Hmmm. Simplicity. Who'd-a thunk it?

O.H.
An old hippie embracing simplicity- who’d of thunk it? :)

We had a cheap Whirlpool dishwasher that came with the house. It was mostly plastic. We seldom used it as it was not very good. We replaced it was a LG dishwasher with a stainless interior. We do use it, but still wash a lot of stuff by hand. That includes pots and pans, plastic containers, aluminum pie pans that we use for many tasks, and sometimes glassware. On those rare occasions when we use good china, crystal drinkware, and silver utensils, they are always washed by hand.

We've been in our house for 30 years. Started with a midrange Kenmore for the price and warranty. Later got a top of the line Kenmore for the quietness when the first one died. Replaced the motherboard once. When the rack rusted, got a top of the line Bosch and realized we didn't know what quiet was. Highly recommended.

Top Bottom