What's new

Decanting Experiment

Will decanting to a glass bottle make a difference?

• Yes!

• Not a chance, but it looks better.

• I have no idea. I will watch this thread to find out.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Very nice! It appears you are overstocked on the new Fine soap, PM me and I'll provide you a suitable address where you may ship the surplus.

Oops; should'a cropped that photo.

Anyways. Two pucks is hardly overstock around here.

There's this one guy that uses the Arecibo dish to lather, and the group's making a giant Williams puck to fit.

(Ahem) Those glass bottles- notice the necks? When you palm the thing to get the aftershave, it gives a perfect amount. Works really well.

AA

Tonight i did a blind test on SWMBO having one hand with clubman that has been decanted for 30 days and another from another bottle still in plastic. She was able to tell there was a difference but didn't prefer one over the other (clubman is not one of her favorites).

I tried the sample I decanted into glass at the beginning of this thread. Ugh, still overly powdery. I didn't used to think it was heavy on the powder, but now it overpowers my nose. I'm just not a fan of clubman anymore.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I tried the sample I decanted into glass at the beginning of this thread. Ugh, still overly powdery. I didn't used to think it was heavy on the powder, but now it overpowers my nose. I'm just not a fan of clubman anymore.

Clubman is the 'New' diaper powder smell, the Veg is the 'Used' diaper powder smell. So you're not a fan of Clubman anymore, but you're still chosen correct? :001_smile

Clubman is the 'New' diaper powder smell, the Veg is the 'Used' diaper powder smell. So you're not a fan of Clubman anymore, but you're still chosen correct? :001_smile

Yup. Love The VEG!

Luckily, though, there's Avon Wild Country. Everything that's good about Clubman, but no powder.

I used Barbasol Brisk that I had decanted today. 2 hours later and the scent is still there. Usually, the plastic bottle scent doesn't last longer than about 30 minutes for me. I do agree with the above post, though, decanting clubman does bring out the powdery.

today was the Veg decanted from my Avon Aladdin's Lamp. two big palm full splashes and nothing but soft, floral and earth.

Top Bottom