What's new

Aqua Velva Ice Sport…first time user

proxy.php

I usually keep three aftershaves around: Clubman, Proraso and SkinBracer.

Haven’t been able to find SkinBracer locally for a few months now so decided to try the AVIS. I had tried the classic blue several years ago, and although I liked the smell, it left my skin dry. The Ice version was supposed to have ingredients to alleviate this…I was skeptical.

Well, they succeeded. The skin feel is much better than the original and I find no need to add any other moisturizer even in this January/February weather. I Would give it a good 7-8/10 For skin feel.

Smell-wise, straight out of the bottle, it was nothing more than an inoffensive “meh”. But after a few weeks, it has grown on me. Don’t know if it is my nose that has woken up, or the fact that I transferred it to glass bottles that made the difference. I’d give it a 7/10.

In all honesty, this aftershave will probably be left behind when I find some SkinBracer, but it won’t be thrown out. I’ll give it a chance to ripen some more in glass and see how it goes in a few months.

I’m happy I tried it.

Last edited:
Ice Sport was one of the first aftershaves I ever got into. I had a bottle in the mid nineties, and remember sniffing it and thinking it was the absolute best smell I'd ever experienced. There's a little hint of a raspberry note in it that just drives me wild. I repurchased it in 2020 and it took me back. Scent hasn't changed.

Top Bottom