What's new

Dairy? Diary? or is it Dire-y of Diseased Collector.

Merry Christmas!! I hope you had a great day!
Thank you, It was great, I had a Ham on rye with pepper, real pigs leg ham too :D Merry Christmas to you also, and anyone who looks in, except that stalker :winkiss:

but now thunder storms roll in 🐿️ the powers gone out twice already, half the house run on solar, but need gas up the gennie :D for the other half 💩

Hoping your electricity is restored soon
errrrrrrr, It didn't go out fully this time :D just on and off, off and on, on and off, then a clap of thunder that would make u soil u pants, then the power is off ... then is on ... and of course everything with push button on/off has shut down ... again!

That's life at the very end of the southern feeder u get used to it. 3am one morning a pole fell over for no other reason than it was tired and needed to lie down. This is 60 mile behind the end of civilisation.[but bleedin' peaceful]
8 maintenance outages since that pole lied down, the ninth is hanging on the fridge for the second week of Jan you airy. 2 transformers, one just went catty wompus [on the road outside the gate] 16hours out, one blew in a storm.

That one took 25 hours to be replaced, but Mr Eletrickery did send a 145$ cheque [check] for that one taking longer than is allotted to restore power.
The wind blows, the connectors work lose, I was laughing one night I still had power and the numpties next door didn't, see we have three phases, I'm on a different phase to the numpties, then bumma I went dark too. [suppose i deserved that for laughing] :D

"I'm Derryn Hinch, that's life" :- Derryn Hinch.

Ok, what's the "Dalek" for?

Well see it does this? by grabbing that down there, then you screw that bit tight using them there two, grab his eye and he ray gun, tighten them, then ya grab his .... errr other appendices and undo it, thus that bit there pops off, spring[clicker] contained, not in a crevasse on the laboratorio floor, like! Job done no bashing, even thought i like bashing stuff! :D

1-IMG_20231224_004506~2.jpg

Power supply round two 💩

See, I knew that thing there gets hot, i fink it a Mofset, or somefink like wot it is aye wot guvna, who cares for rules?
So I says to self, self I said put a bleedin big heat shrink on it, oh and a fan, it's goin to git hot! I did done gone make the fan speed vary with the juice that mofset puts out. Highly Logical Dr Spok.

1-IMG_20231227_135249~2.jpg

YEEhah it works, it's ALIVE! It don't trip is'self out.

1-IMG_20231226_122934~2.jpg

:hang: 💩 and 🎪 + :angry: ... yep it was Logical Dr Spok, but the less juice it pumps out, the harder the lil barmaid is working to cut the voltage down, DUH! and gets hotter the less juice comin out, DUH! Less juice a slower fan, DUH! slower fan hotter barmaid, DUH!
So off to the ER for emergency surgery using the latest high tech surgical techniques and a soddahring iron 🤕
"The nature of Monkey Magic was irrepressible!” yeah and pig's bottom it is :sneaky2:

SO? If someone screamed "FLAT BUOY" ina forest and there was no one to hear it? Would they be so popular?

Yes .... because even though no one was in the forest to hear it, a bleedin little happy yappy chihuahua 150 mile away heard it and well we all know the story now .....
which leads me into the "If u wanna sell it, :censored:, ged it RIGHT!!"

For sale :- "One red dot flat buoy VGC HTF Unused, 947 Dinars":1eye:
Me :- thats not a red dot flat buoy, ya :censored:! is a red spring!
They :- :a3:
Me :- :a28: Now, That's a Red Dot :a7: What you have is a Red Spring:sob:

sew, there I was just pullin apart a red .... spring 💩

1-IMG_20231125_123528~2.jpg

1-IMG_20231125_134547.jpg

1-IMG_20231125_134631.jpg

1-IMG_20231125_134659.jpg

1-IMG_20231125_134858.jpg

1-IMG_20231125_151311_HDR.jpg

1-IMG_20231125_151444~2.jpg

THE one MOST important thing ... CelloTape, well two things then, and a tag !!! that way the lil blighter don't go gettin he'selfs lost !!!

1-IMG_20231227_140335~2.jpg

WHOOPS OH 💩 ..... forgot one bit, but ya get that on the big jobs, then the new power doodad is in pieces the fan needed open heart and is not doing well after an infarct .... "Always with the negative waves Moriarty". or more than one job on the gee Oh at once and "Thought" well we all know what 'thought' did, :a23:

1-IMG_20231227_140304~2.jpg

1-IMG_20231227_140629~2.jpg

It like, hmmm .... reflections.... did I has me pants on when I took that pic? type moment, like. :pipe:

So, I relented and bought a hole three bucks worth of brass about three weeks ago. On a whim and a fancy with half an hour to spare in the big smoke it was either the big green hardware shed and scrape off the flux or try the shop that's no longer what it used to be, and low and behold there were two racks of little brass rods, not well stocked, but none the less there was hope.

Reasoning behind search in earnest for brass? I need make a pin, like this one, except without the wear, and for that much wear hot damn was it flipped a lot of times. :(

View attachment 1754800

Well, the brain went south, did the "Royal We" make the pin? errr, No! We went off on a tangent .... still made half a pin but not that pin ... it's not spectacular? 🥴

Machine pre domed pin .......

View attachment 1754804

View attachment 1754806

The "Royal We: has the back bone of the "idea" in the post, at present, for the 'thingy' that could possibly set the dome on the back side, we say possibly because when the idea was formed we thought it was easier than it actually looks. Not giving up though. ⚖️

Well a dairy .... you can go back n check the last time you milked the cow .... or date an entry in a diary .... and that's over a month in the dire-y of thought, re-thought, and re-re-thought, It will go back the Laboratorio tomorrow for some fine tuning and a bit of cut n shut .... but quite cuffed at a carp thought concept that actually worked to 95.6% :w00t: must now werk oot the optimal length, that one was a tad bit too long... 💩

A manual machined pin dome'r :underbus:

1-IMG_20240102_014502_HDR~2.jpg
1-IMG_20240102_015035~2.jpg

So, I was shifting the odd thing round about a week ago, can't remember what it was even was now ... C.R.A.F.T., some days, but ye get that when you go from senior to geriatric in under twelve months.

Today I notice the "Coke Gods Must Be Crazy'' they left me a message? :w00t: I know something is moved, its too open, need fill the void, fussy bunt!

1-IMG_20240104_234115~2.jpg

Today I REFUSE to think again :(

see, I maked me a "Washer Squasher" good ole manual BASH it type, I like bashing things :D
I like the big washers, they look artisan to me, like I made them, they go well with raised domed pins, like, but, well, I thinks too much. So, I makes lil brass tubes, hell of a time cutting them, then bashes 'em flat, all cool :cool: until he has another 'thought' 💡 hang on he says to self, self has one them fandangle hydraulic crimpers? no? Dang that would "Squasher a Washer" dang good, dang it! And I not even loaded the pix yet, and second thinking a second thought, so I refuse to think today!

1-IMG_20240108_092817~2.jpg
1-IMG_20240108_093055_HDR~3.jpg
1-IMG_20240108_092911~2.jpg
1-IMG_20240108_092911~2.jpg

Quickest tear down and revamp ever in me lil Laboratorio, I was initially septical about doin one, but they a piece a cake, specially when you cant make it any worse.

seller pic .....

s-l1600 - 2024-01-11T085348.146.jpg

It was real gungy and yick, but I knew that, it was cheap, and if I wrecked it, no great loss.... so into it ... teraform it... in under a few hours, take no prisoners ...

1-IMG_20240111_055540~2.jpg

1-IMG_20240111_073809~2.jpg

Monkey Magic :D

Damn, need think? ... hate this thinking sh.... err stuff!

1-IMG_20240111_162025_HDR~2.jpg

In the middle is "Old Nick" ... one rust spot luckily on the back this time, but some bar steward did the hot needle trick right there on the front side a the scales!

1-IMG_20240113_082433_HDR~2.jpg

It sanded and polished down somewhat? but to take it right out will look dished more than it already is? Annoying, but 97.25% in the right spot for a third pin? thinky measurey and more thinky before committing to hole sawing it?

1-IMG_20240113_081728~2.jpg

Nope, no hole sawing 'Old Nick', just put it in the drawer, well after ye pin it, numpty. Another day maybe if it annoys bad enough. Quite chuffed with double stacked washers AND dombed pins, actually. Pin domber performs Monkey Magic, like. :D almost dialed in the ideal length? 3 an a half frags north of the washer.

1-IMG_20240114_134449_HDR~2.jpg

While we at it lets do another one, the one I liked the shape of, didn't like its original scales they looked too small thin flat, so flogged some others and cut the ends off, polished them looked good [black] in the daylight, put them under white LED light and they look like rat spit!!! [brown]💩 :crying:

1-IMG_20240114_115347_HDR~2.jpg

Well after near 2 months off, recuperating after a dislocated spleen [not the real reason but thats what you getting told] We, the Royal we, are near up to speed again, not up to ramming speed as Ernest Borgnine says in the movie "The Vikings", but rowing the boat with at least one oar.

Might kick off with a RARE Red and Black :p We join it part way through, it was a nice case bought in with some dirty rat spit non descript ugly derty razor in it.

Sussed some red fuzz to redo the rust stained red, de-rusted it, sought out near correct razor[tough ted if it isn't] two tone plated that, and re-as-sembled,

1-IMG_20650231_031609~3.jpg

1-IMG_20650231_031836~3.jpg

Quite happy with that :D

1-IMG_20650231_082319~2.jpg

Glad to know you are on the mend again. Splendid job on the red/black set!
Thank you :D

that red fuz is like murder to work with, synthetic... stretch.... and any dirt dust or spider web sticks to it like string cheeze to a blanket :(
next is a purple valet, we sussed the near enough purple too, oh man, brushed it up against a spider web [i have free ranging pet spiders, they eat free range flys] near had go cut another piece :(

[the purple is visible in the above pic, as well as the de-rusted painted valet case plate]

Top Bottom