What's new

Dairy? Diary? or is it Dire-y of Diseased Collector.

After a brassing one, lets try copper?
Really good results, all good but the tto knob this time is sub par? . hhhhhhmmm . :D

1-IMG_20231107_175550~2.jpg

maybe being too picky? or just need accept things are wot they are! any further jining and it going to end in a few tears :D

Found this archeological treasure that looked like it was buried in King Tuts tomb four thousand years ago. :blink: The dirt on it was hiding any tarnish, scrubbed up a beauty with Secret Sauce. I've never got on well with the bicarb and aluminum foil trick, so I use the other substance and just rub it on with toothbrush and hose it off.

Before pixture does not do it justice, it looked way worse than that in reality!
1-IMG_20231111_190559_HDR~2-001.jpg

1-IMG_20231111_190627_HDR~2.jpg

Plus some Secret Sauce .... half way there ... is it dirty ... bleuch !

1-IMG_20231111_195047.jpg

And ..... done .......

1-IMG_20231112_002654_HDR~2.jpg

1-IMG_20231112_002213_HDR~2.jpg

Even just a clean can be satisfying, I've never yet found out what in the secret sauce actually is the working ingredient? I just know it works with out removing any of the plate like polish does. The old aluminum and bicarb is easy to understand, the bicarb strip the oxide off the foil, and the sulphur in silver sulphide [tarnish] has a higher affinity for aluminum and leaves the silver behind in preference for the aluminum. :D

Antique Silver Plate Tea Cups, where have they been hiding all my life, that thumb rest is blinkin brilliantly comfortable :crazy:

Bit sad looking ... bit broke like ... but one needs look further than the cover of a tea cup :D

1-IMG_20231113_060636_HDR~2.jpg

1-IMG_20231113_060651_HDR~2.jpg

Whip out the ole toothbrush, bit of monkey magic secret goop in a bottle, hose it off, then some really really really hot melt metal glue, dang Bobs ya Aunty, like ......... ... ... ...

1-IMG_20231113_234240_HDR~2.jpg

The left tea cup rings like a bell, the right one sounds like cow manure, Dung! :D

So, I relented and bought a hole three bucks worth of brass about three weeks ago. On a whim and a fancy with half an hour to spare in the big smoke it was either the big green hardware shed and scrape off the flux or try the shop that's no longer what it used to be, and low and behold there were two racks of little brass rods, not well stocked, but none the less there was hope.

Reasoning behind search in earnest for brass? I need make a pin, like this one, except without the wear, and for that much wear hot damn was it flipped a lot of times. :(

1-IMG_20231114_014659.jpg

Well, the brain went south, did the "Royal We" make the pin? errr, No! We went off on a tangent .... still made half a pin but not that pin ... it's not spectacular? 🥴

Machine pre domed pin .......

1-IMG_20231127_161427~2.jpg

1-IMG_20231127_160519~2.jpg

The "Royal We: has the back bone of the "idea" in the post, at present, for the 'thingy' that could possibly set the dome on the back side, we say possibly because when the idea was formed we thought it was easier than it actually looks. Not giving up though. ⚖️

Attachments

• 1-IMG_20231127_161316~2.jpg
    1-IMG_20231127_161316~2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 0
C22 H46 O6 Laureth-5

C18 H29 NaO3 S Sodium Dodecylbenzenesulfonate

Na2 CO3 Sodium Carbonate

I've never had great success with the old bicarb and foil trick, maybe the push of the finger is what is needed for the constant contact? positive contact? of the two so it works weller?

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The tarnished object is merely a conduit between Lasta and the handle with the bicarbonate-infused solution a conveyance of Lasta’s electrochemical magnificence to every exposed surface of the handle. Maybe?

The "Thing" :out:

1-IMG_20231210_182523~2.jpg

or ... parts thereof
Lots of thinkin, lots a drawing lines, can only cut once! :idea:
See that bit bolts to that bit, then that bit screws into that bit then that bit gets threaded and screws on that bit, then you screw that bit down and then twist that bit ... got it :a34:

Succeed? or Suck Seed? that is the question. ⚠️

The "Thing" :out:

View attachment 1761792

or ... parts thereof
Lots of thinkin, lots a drawing lines, can only cut once! :idea:
See that bit bolts to that bit, then that bit screws into that bit then that bit gets threaded and screws on that bit, then you screw that bit down and then twist that bit ... got it :a34:

Succeed? or Suck Seed? that is the question. ⚠️
Please hold the line your call is important to us .......

:idea: 💡 ⚠️

Don't I just hate hate hate thinking 🤔 .... plans changed mid stream with a brain ⛽ OH 💩

Kabeso ..... revisited, you know how you go looking, like. Then like you say to self, self those teeth are bent, it needs a little orthodontic treatment? no?

1-IMG_20231219_143223~2.jpg

so after a quick aneal and quench in acid ..... here is about where I remember it was silver plate as to why I dint straighten them last time ... oh 💩
Oh well onto orthodontics

1-IMG_20231219_164406~2.jpg

Bit of a dip in green liquor ... alls honky dory

1-IMG_20231219_213613_HDR~2.jpg

It sat the photo session before going the orthodontist

1-IMG_20231219_120806~2.jpg

Still 100% suck seedure rate straightening tooths :w00t:

Can you go into a little more detail about annealing? Heat it with a lighter and bend while hot?

And what is this green liquor? Effect looks good!
A Kneeling .... brass copper silver gold all work harden, and all will aKneel :D all will BREAK if you over work them :crying:

work hardening :- the more you bash or bend or roll or stretch those the harder they get !!

A Kneeling ..... I never learnt nuffink, I's teaches meselfs, like, Guvna :crying:

...... so I heat to a red glow with A: a brulee torch 15AUD if it is small [one tooth? but you must heat behind the tooth, into the body to soften the body]

or if impatient which I am :D B: disposable gas canister/torch good for speed or bigger jobs. Few more AUD for that torch tip/tap, but not un-affordable, ten AUD for a propane canister. Yet I do have MAAP gas for real mens jobs :D it burns hotter yet again.

Air cool,
or me .. I frootloopin QUENCH it in cold water, I'm doing it twice in water and once in Hydrochloric acid, to brighten or remove heat scale, 🤮 saves a hell of a lot of sanding scrubbing scotch-brightening etc. DO NOT breathe the fumes, do NOT do this if you are not sure of yourself. Muriatic is hygroscopic, it will fume when just exposed to air, let alone some numpty throwing hot metal in it?

Then I use Sodium Carbonate [sold as washing soda] + good old Bicarb [sodium Bi-carbonate] to neutralise the acid, then a water rinse. [that many teaspoons of each, and it will become exhausted eventually, so does my acid jar, it is in water up to its neck with an inverted tub over it. I used a bakelite lid, silly me, and bakelite is porous the acid finds it way through:(]

DO NOT bend hot !!!!! brass is totally opposite to steel !! you heat it and cool it, then bend it and if you are not sure the tooth will break off? heat and cool it again! three times if necessary, each time taking the tooth a width of a bees anatomy !! The brass will be soft, so no need be heavy handed with it, tiny needle nose pliers to go in-between the teeth at 90 degrees.

This one I went a hair too far, put my steel rule on it and then tapped it back with just the weigh of a steel ruler, lined it up on and old kids cricket wicket, and used that useless teeny weeny peeny that I made to get the curvature of the teeth even.

Green Liquor = Nickel Pickle ....Qty vinegar 8%, Qty table salt with the iodine!.... i DON"T read the rules!! Qty Epsom salts ... 4 drops of Morning Fresh Dish Squashing liquid and a teaspoon of Reckets Blue. 12 volts 1amp bora tupper [bore it up her] I use a lunch box eight an a half inches long, so i can increase or decrease the amperage with where i place the piece. I've never ever got 5 volts to work :( 4 nickel rods and one tin rod :D

I'm currant-ly re-doing my power supply? to vary from 3V to 13.8V as I want to silver plate and that a little more finiky than good ole nickel.

Oh he can talk the left leg off a dead donkey 🧟‍♂️

So, after a rewarding day in the Laboratorio, again, i can sleep happy:ouch1::letterk1::w00t:

Power supply is done, finally, but now I question wether it will trip it self out? The circuit is not made to dead short itselfs in liquid? But we will whip it whip it

PURPULLhippoPOTAMUSS_2.gif

1-IMG_20231220_221552_HDR~2_1.jpg

Then there was a 💡 moment ..... see I collect razors, but not only razors, right down to belly button lint. I got around to preserving a piece of paper not long ago, that piece of paper tells the story behind the two 'coin slots' attached to its front cover :D
The coin slots are pre decimal currant-see and inscribed so, the instructions are in post decimal currant-see.

1-IMG_20231220_204044_HDR~2.jpg

1-IMG_20231220_204740~2.jpg

Who would believe you if you told them there was PAY Tv prior to 1966 :w00t: in AU.
Sew, I bean reading the blade bank stuff on here an fought to self, how cool :cool: would the two coin slots be as blade bank slots?
Thinkin 🤔

The company wot made them slots is still in bizniss, like. :w00t:

[oh god that hippo is annoying while writing this :lol: ]

It got nicknamed "Dalek" very quickly

1-IMG_20231223_211821_HDR~2.jpg

But what is it? What does it do?
[one thing it will do is have me children goin what the froot did dad use this for? when they sellin me estate]
:thumbup:

Next project ... A Germy Gem .... why do people sell things in such grubness condition? OH now I remember ... so people like me won't pay for their labour :D
Now there's one thing I dint knose, them there handles are made in least two pieces, caint tell yet if the bottom nob is a third piece or not?

1-IMG_20231223_143435_HDR~2.jpg

1-IMG_20231223_134323~2.jpg

1-IMG_20231223_134612~2.jpg

BUG.gif

“In the Worlds before Monkey Magic,
Primal chaos reigned,
Heaven sought order.
But the Phoenix can fly only when its feathers are grown.
The four worlds formed again and yet again,
As endless aeons wheeled and passed.
Time and the pure essences of Heaven,
The moisture of the Earth,
And the powers of the Sun and the Moon
All worked upon a certain rock – old as Creation,
And it magically became fertile.
That first egg was named Thought,
Tathagata Buddha, the Father Buddha,
Said, ‘With our thoughts we make the world.’
Elemental forces caused the egg to hatch,
from it then came Monkey Magic.