What's new

Dairy? Diary? or is it Dire-y of Diseased Collector.

Impressive collection you have, i also experimenting whit some nickel plating on some of my razors. Did you bought an nickel solution or did you make it yourself?
Thank you, :D

Solution, I made it. 8% vinegar about 2 liters a quantity of regular table salt a quantity of epsom salt a dollop of laundry blue and some morning fresh dish soap.
Enough salts to get 1amp at 8inches between electrodes. I currently use 4 nickel electrodes and one tin electrode, the disadvantage is if you get it right..... every time you touch the item it finger prints better than the 5 O :crying:

You too can do this at home, this one is the best plate finish I have ever achieved, the razor was acquired in bare brass ho hum condition.

This one is a full size "Diana", a prized razor in my mind, I have two "Diana Babies" as well, one blade, they are cute.

1-IMG_21991313_8675309~2.jpg

So, I always wanted one, just for the hell of having one, you nose, like yeah I got one of those, like.

Well, the blue ones are dime a dozen although they take many dimes to acquire one, so the royal we opted for the "Champagne" version.
What a royal pain in da armpit are they to get apart and back together correctly :ciappa: also man hands and champagne colour go well together, not. man any dert onya hands transfers to that knurling like mud does to a pig. 🐷 :sneaky2:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Not bad looking, bit grungy, down its gullet and up its Khyber pass and its been thumped on its nob too a couple times, nob needs a repertoire.
Throw caution to the wind, tear it down .... yeah right!! How the fruitcake do ya get that brass circlip type ring out of there, for :blink: sakes!
Down to The Laboratorio, in that old tin Eye Witness case are two crochet hooks + four cups of anti-dummyspit and 24.50 in the swear jar later it's out :letterk2:

4.jpg

How da froot is that put together, well Peter the Phantom Puller soughta popped it off, but not where I thought it would?? :letterk2:
A good 'bash' and the nob pops off, as expected.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Might not look that bad, but just not cricket on the nob!! You goin in the roundy roundy thing and gittin you dot shaved down! ha! A replate [nob only] and clean the grunge inside a out from the rest.

7.jpg

Because Peter the Phantom Puller was a bad tool, we need get creative wit brass n aloomin num :letterk2:

After the assembly .... all good? no 😡
it wont open fully??? da froot !!!! ready to chuck a wobbly :letterk1:

get me ears on and look hard in its khyber pass and note that lil circlip is supposed to lodge in the recess up there so no matter how hard one undoes it the clip is locked on the shaft and will not pop off!!!!!! far out brussel sprout! How in the hell did Mrs Gillette put that mother trucker in there? I'm over this one 👿

Ok lets just cut the film here, edit the words out and go to the finished product 😒

8.jpg

do another one? only if you paying the price 💰

Well, I fink I developing a serious fetish here, guvna. :letterk1:

1.jpg

Top Left : Razor/Brush/Soap/Stink bottle/Case/Outer box/AND 2 spare soaps in the little box :w00t:

Top Right : same again R/B/S/S/C no outer no spares but different versions on razor and stink bottle.

Bottom : Oh man thats got the goods W1 dated razor, W1 dated blades [2] a gold spined comb, gold Ginfernail file, red teethbrush and 70+ y/o teethpaste Faux Stinky stuff and a bottle of white substance that made it thru customs :w00t:

2.jpg

3.jpg

Don't know if I say much about this next pic? but it probly why I'm developing a fetish for these, i explain it, it might start a riot on prices?

4.jpg

All three have been played with to a degree, not restored but played with, the bleedin stinky stuff invariably leaks out AND the lipstic type tubes are lacquered, well, the two do not play well together, the end of the fight looks like wombat snot!! Luckily all three razors are in pristine unused condition :thumbup1:

Long weekend :D slow going .....

Why Why Why WHYYYYYY De ........... lilac !!

Why in the great scheme of the cosmos that is, would some Numpty sand and polish A-Frican teethbrush?

TeethBrush 2019.11.01.jpg

The Mighty Challenge !

Thought is thinking, Do you wish to play a game, Dr Falken? W.A.P.R. is dialing!

Dang how does one attack this little beauty?

View attachment 1811419

Very very very carefully, I would say. :crazy:
BLIMEY!! has that sat there that long??

Very very very very VERY carefully is no understatement !! 🍋 🍐 🍎 🍈 🥝

3 hours plus one hour re-grinding invented tooling to get the lil sukka to this stage, I need my head read, and buy A-Frican life :letterk2:

OH MAN dude what a PIA.jpg

That pin is 0.5mm ⌀ ... yeah I have number drills, and a fuse that is half that length before :underbus:

Last edited:
Why? Delilah

Because ....

One TOOTH brush.jpg

The big reveal later 🦑

So far no emoji little guy has been thrown under the bus? yet! De-rusted Polished as far as I'm game without destruction. Scales De-rusted, they actually bone, fo cryin out loud!!! under the rust the blade is actually blade shaped, who in their right mind would do finicky rubbish like that? oh wait some numpty in their right mind is trying to restore it :crazy: pin donor material sauced.

Suck Cess So Far .jpg

to be pin-tinued ..... 🦓

Why? Delilah

Because ....

One TOOTH brush.jpg

The big reveal later 🦑
WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYY.......... Delilah !!!

Because ..........

And do you know how hard it is to find ALL the matching set! AND with you own Initials monogrammed on it? Very A-Frican hard, but not impossible ‼️
1-IMG_20240414_164050_HDR~2.jpg

Clippers?

My fond memories of me Maw cutting my hair as a kid, still got those clippers and the step stool she would sit me on, dare not move, but flinch a bit when she used too much push and not enough saw. 🗿
Seems as there are twice as many clippers in the world for sale than Vilderbeast on the African Planes, I don't buy clippers, I gather them in job lots, dangit!

Only one I actively hunted down to the kill 🌳

POOKYWOOKEY~2.jpg

WOOKEYPOOKY~2.jpg

The SECRET is ........
rubber stamp ink, best purple dye for faded ugly purple fuzz. i went tracking some down? YEAH RIGHT, holy dingoes batman, Twenny Dollars Mr Taggart? I'll noo be payin that, Lud!!!!! but as the bottle still has a hand written price tag of 29Cents, i don't want use it all either. 💭

OKEYDOKEY~2.jpg

:D

Top Bottom