What's new

Czech & Speake samples are in!

I recently received my sampler as well I've tried the Frankincense and Myrrh, Oxford and Cambridge, and Dark Rose. The regular Rose, pink packaging, seemed too feminine for my tastes in the bottle so I put it on my daughter before Mass yesterday and I wore the Dark Rose. She was the nicest smelling baby in church.:laugh:

I could easily see the Oxford and Cambridge becoming a favorite spring and summer scent, and I'll definitely be wearing the F&M on Christmas.

I got the e-mail last week, still not seen the samples, I've been waiting since July, doubt I'll be buying any of their stuff for Xmas presents this year :thumbdown

I got the e-mail last week, still not seen the samples, I've been waiting since July, doubt I'll be buying any of their stuff for Xmas presents this year :thumbdown
August 28th for me. I too haven't received mine.

Although I appreciate their updates on the shtatus of their samples, it is kind of ridiculous that they're this slow.

The Rose, Dark Rose, and Mimosa are losted on basenotes as female scents.

Of all of them, Cuba and Citrus Paradisi are my favorites, with #88 coming in a close 3rd. Neroli is nice as well, but it is edged out by Frankincense and Myrrh. Oxford & Cambridge is nice, but porbably my least favorite of the masculine/unisex scents.

Used Cuba today. Great pairing with the Alt-Innsbruck. The mint note is unique and took a moment to process. Not bad, just strange in a not-normally-something-you-smell-in-a-cologne way..

I caught that middle note that some refer to as fecal. Actually reminded me of a strong rolled-cigar note. Anyone who has ever gone into a walk-in humidor, that's what it reminded me of. I get the same scent from Acqua di Cuba by Santa Maria Novella. The C&S isn't quite as abrasive though.

I really like it but would like to order a larger sample before committing to a full bottle.

proxy.php

Are these guys usually slow to respond to emails? I sent them a question about buying samples because their page to order them wasn't working. That was over a week ago...

Should I drop them another line or just wait?

I finally got my samples today and could not resist, tried the Cuba :001_tt1: and I LOVE it, BUT my mum also said she liked the smell, are we allowed to wear stuff that mum's like?? (She hates everything else especially the Lilac Vegetal, the Yatagan and the MANDOM) :001_rolle

How are you liking that Cuba? Nice eh...:001_smile

Yes, the Cuba is very nice. May be one I'll buy in the near future.

Also, after smelling it and hearing others comments here the Rose has been given to the Mrs. I may try the Dark Rose. I haven't yet decided on that one yet.

What should I try next?

What should I try next?

I'm thinking the Citrus Paradisi...give it some time and see what you think...it really evolves (on me anyway). It's a lot more than the opening lemons and cannibis! :thumbup1: Or if you're in the mood for something a bit lighter, the Oxford & Cambridge is the best lavender-based men's fragrance I've ever tried...might be more of a warm weather thing though...see what you think.

I'm thinking the Citrus Paradisi...give it some time and see what you think...it really evolves (on me anyway). It's a lot more than the opening lemons and cannibis! :thumbup1: Or if you're in the mood for something a bit lighter, the Oxford & Cambridge is the best lavender-based men's fragrance I've ever tried...might be more of a warm weather thing though...see what you think.

:cool: Thanks for the pointers.

Yes, the Cuba is very nice. May be one I'll buy in the near future.

Also, after smelling it and hearing others comments here the Rose has been given to the Mrs. I may try the Dark Rose. I haven't yet decided on that one yet.

What should I try next?

If you havent tried #88 yet, I suggest you do so. So far, I think it is my favorite of the lot.

I really like the Citrus Paradisi, too (in addition to the Neroli). I guess I am a sucker for citrus scents...? CP actually reminds me a little bit of my only mainstay/bottle scent that I own - Terre d'Hermes - in some ways, though I find CP to be more complex and a bit toned-down, with more of a floral middle/base (?) rather than the woody base in the Terre.

I can't get over the intense peppermint note in Oxford & Cambridge, though it is overall a very pleasant fragrance. I need to try the 88 again - it is definitely a complex scent and worth a re-visit, although after my first try I wasn't in love with it.

Top Bottom