What's new

Czech & Speake samples are in!

Got an email yesterday that they've addressed their stocking issue and more samples are in. Today my samples arrived in the mail and, boy, they sure didn't hold back. I think I got a sample of everything they make!

First up is the Cuba, the one I have been most excited about. Have been wearing it around the house for the last hour. So far, not impressed. I am being overwhelmed with the "floral middle notes" with no hint of any of the top notes and only very subtle woody base notes. I faintly detect what some may have previously described as "fecal" but not so obviously that that descriptor would be a deal-breaker for me. However, the overall scent is not very good. I can say right now, no matter how much better it gets with time, I am probably not in the market for this one.

I recieved an email from C&S as well, glad to see you got your samples, hopefully mine aren't far to follow :lol:

me, too. Really eager to try the No. 88 ... for a first-hand contrast and compare with SCS Bulgarian Rose (which I really, really like!)

I got the email, too, where they apologized and offered to give me my money back. Of course I chose to wait. The samples arrived yesterday, and like dbconlin, I received a 1ml sample of every scent they make. I already have some #88 and a little Cuba, which I really enjoy, and I've tried a couple of the others. Now I'm looking forward to going through those I've not tried before.

:cool:

I got an email, and am still waiting on mine. Of course, I'm in Texas. I ordered them over a month ago, and have been patiently waiting.

I also got a mail last week. Have been waiting since July so hopefully the samples will come this week.

Did you get a sample of any of the soaps?

I believe they only do samples of their scents, not the soaps. I actually got my samples two days before I got their email. It's a generous sample pack.

I am very happy with C&S's customer service. I think they did a great job of sending out emails with apologies with updates.

I love the entire line, especially No. 88 and the Frankensense and Mirhh (?sp). I appreciate their generosity with samples, since these scents really should be tried before buying.

Well, my samples arrived today. I must say, I am quite surprised by how much I actually like #88. With the description of it being such a rose scented fragrance, it is quite pleasant. Cuba is also quite good. I get a little bit of a minty scent from it, and thankfully, none of the fecal smell others have reported. Frankincense and Myrrh is not bad either, though on my skin, it is pretty faint. I havent tried any of the other scents yet, but will report back when I do. The sampler included:

Oxford & Cambridge
Dark Rose
Rose
Neroli
Mimosa
Frankincense & Myrrh
Citrus Paradisi
Cuba

Very nice packaging, and not a bad lot.

Last edited:
I love the entire line, especially No. 88 and the Frankensense and Mirhh (?sp). I appreciate their generosity with samples, since these scents really should be tried before buying.

#88 is one of my favorites. To be honest when I bought the soap and EDC as part of the B&B group buy I wasn't totally expecting to like it but after the initial dry down I was in love with #88!

Well, my samples arrived today. I must say, I am quite surprised by how much I actually like #88. With the description of it being such a rose scented fragrance, it is quite pleasant. Cuba is also quite good. I get a little bit of a minty scent from it, and thankfully, none of the fecal smell others have reported. Frankincense and Myrrh is not bad either, though on my skin, it is pretty faint. I havent tried any of the other scents yet, but will report back when I do. The sampler included:

Oxford & Cambridge
Dark Rose
Rose
Neroli
Mimosa
Frankincense & Myrrh
Citrus Paradisi
Cuba

Very nice packaging, and not a bad lot.

+1

Be sure and let us know what you think! :thumbup1:

I already know I really like #88. What do you recommend trying next? Any that you just absolutely cannot stand? Any of the "enjoyed by both men and women" scents that you feel should be exclusively female scents?

I already know I really like #88. What do you recommend trying next? Any that you just absolutely cannot stand? Any of the "enjoyed by both men and women" scents that you feel should be exclusively female scents?

I wasn't too into the Mimosa or Dark Rose to be honest. I also never felt the same about the Frankincense and Myrrh after my non-wetshaving friend referred to it as 'Frank incest and Mirth'. :blink: The Cuba is great but probably not something you'd wear everywhere...very dirty tobacco/lime/alcohol stuff...like spring break in Mazatlan or something. I really like the Citrus Paradisi but many don't seem to care for it. I also found the Oxford Cambridge amazing...best lavender I've ever tried, even masculine in a way. Neroli is a bit feminine but my wife loves it...probably the best neroli scent I've tried. Overall I would probably buy Cuba, Citrus Paradisi, and Oxford & Cambridge if I had the coin.

I wasn't too into the Mimosa or Dark Rose to be honest. I also never felt the same about the Frankincense and Myrrh after my non-wetshaving friend referred to it as 'Frank incest and Mirth'. :blink: The Cuba is great but probably not something you'd wear everywhere...very dirty tobacco/lime/alcohol stuff...like spring break in Mazatlan or something. I really like the Citrus Paradisi but many don't seem to care for it. I also found the Oxford Cambridge amazing...best lavender I've ever tried, even masculine in a way. Neroli is a bit feminine but my wife loves it...probably the best neroli scent I've tried. Overall I would probably buy Cuba, Citrus Paradisi, and Oxford & Cambridge if I had the coin.

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to try them a couple of consecutive days each unless I just outright don't like one of them. That will give me the best idea of what I like.

Top Bottom