What's new

Costco's 'Kirkland' brand

So would this be a Costco Liquor store that sells the Kirkland brand or just a liquor store that is attched to it?

I'm not sure, but it would seem odd since when they built these Costco warehouses they planed for it. If I go this weekend I will try and find out. they have a Samsung Blue Ray player that they send me a $30 coupon for, so I might pick it up since Sunday is the coupon expires.

I've got a bunch of Kirkland stuff and it's great but the most interesting thing here is that Costco sells booze in the States!?!

Anyone know if Costco memberships work internationally?!

I recently found out that the Kirkland brand Vodka (BAB=Big *** Bottle)is made by Grey Goose. Really good stuff!
Really!!! My costco doesn't sell hard liquor but I know one close that does. I will have to go check this out.

I heard their dog food is very good. Better than what you get at a big box store.

I was told the dogfood is made by Iams. Our dogs like it, it is WAY better than other house brands IMO.

The Kirkland Olive Oil is awesome stuff. There was a thread a while back about the quality of their Vodka vs. Grey Goose.

Just another pebble in this pile to say that every Kirkland product I ever bought has been top-notch -- from jeans to pepper to cooking pans and more.

I've got a bunch of Kirkland stuff and it's great but the most interesting thing here is that Costco sells booze in the States!?!

Anyone know if Costco memberships work internationally?!

Yep they do, but you have to tell them before they ring everything in. I have a card from Japan that I presented after everything was rung through in Vancouver and they had to have a floor manager come over and authorize it and start over. Worked though! :biggrin:

I was told the dogfood is made by Iams. Our dogs like it, it is WAY better than other house brands IMO.

I would be surprised if Iams made it. I believe it is better than any Iams.

Iams Lamb and Rice is a 2 star food. Most Iams is a 1 star.
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1771&cat=all

Kirkland is a 3 star
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1031&cat=all

I didn't compare ingredients yet but I will look at in when I have time.

How many other brands of products could you start a thread and have almost if not everyone (as in this thread) agree that the product line is top notch? I sure can't think of any. I agree, their products are excellent, return policies, and satisfaction guarantees (on their products AND memberships) are great too. The fact that i can return a year later with a receipt of a products (i.e. my plasma TV) that has dropped in their stores in price by 50 bucks and get the price difference back still is really unheard of in other stores.

Whether the product is name brand or store brand there, I can always feel safe that I'm not wasting my money. And to boot they usually have food samples going on! :)

Not to mention that Sams Club was around here and recently suddenly packed their bags and went walking on short notice, I guess admitting defeat!!

I would be surprised if Iams made it. I believe it is better than any Iams.

Iams Lamb and Rice is a 2 star food. Most Iams is a 1 star.
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1771&cat=all

Kirkland is a 3 star
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1031&cat=all

I didn't compare ingredients yet but I will look at in when I have time.

I don't know about their dog food, but their cat food is top notch. My girlfriend worked at a high end "boutique" pet food store for a while, which led us to feeding our cats high end cat food at around $40/10kg. She checked the label of the Costco stuff, and it's got as good or better ingredients and for around half the price we get twice as much cat food.

I don't know about their dog food, but their cat food is top notch. My girlfriend worked at a high end "boutique" pet food store for a while, which led us to feeding our cats high end cat food at around $40/10kg. She checked the label of the Costco stuff, and it's got as good or better ingredients and for around half the price we get twice as much cat food.

I am tempted to switch my dog to kirkland to save some money. I do currently buy high end dog food 5 star food because I never had any luck on ANYTHING Petsmart or Petco had. If Kirkland were the same price I would go with my current 5 star food but obviously my food is more expensive. My dog has skin problems and the cheaper food aggravated it. It would probably save me $15 a month if I switch to Kirkland.

Top Bottom