What's new

Confused newbie

Thanks for the suggestions. I realise that a wet beard is an easily cut beard, however my rationale for using the towel before lather was for exfoliating, bringing the whiskers up off the skin and hopefully dissuade any hairs thinking of ingrowing. Maybe I shouldn't worry about that so much though - the application of the lather from the brush should suffice I spose.

Exfoliating is a great idea. My suggestion would be to either use a washcloth, loofa or the like to exfoliate in the shower, or if you use the towel, make sure to re-wet the face with warm to hot water before you shave. You'll get the best effect and better lather if your face is somewhere between very damp and dripping wet when you put brush to face.

I find a nice alcohol-containing aftershave is very effective at pointing out flaws in my technique, too. :bayrum2:

I'm incredibly impressed by the Personnas. I bought a packet of Wilkinson Blades from 'The Shaver Shop', a electric-geared franchise that is probably as good as we get here in Aus, and they are inferior IMHO, and about 10x more expensive to boot. I did enjoy the Merkur blades that came with the two razors, but I think I'll stick to the Personnas for now.
Hey mate, give Mensbiz online a try for supplies, blades etc. The few shave shop we have don't carry much and prices are way up there.

You'll be able to try Derby's and Astra's as well.

I agree with the other posters - don't dry your face before lathering and keep the pressure to a minimum.
Check out Mensbiz online - they are great to deal with.
Good Luck!:w00t:

Top Bottom