What's new

Colonial Razor

A while back, folks been mentioning on this forum that they were on the wait list for the General SE razor and that Colonial been contacting them about their PayPal info since they were going to start shipping the razors sometime soon. What is the latest on that? Has anyone got notice of when it was going to ship. or has anyone gotten one yet?

Batch 1 of The General is available. Apparently there are a couple of manufacturing problems with them that don't affect the shave. They have a handful that were passed over by the waiting list people that are being offered to the general public. Colonial has stated that all of them have been QCed. I ordered one yesterday and it is currently in the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received one of the Batch 1 models yesterday and shaved with it this morning. This batch supposedly has some sort of cosmetic defect that does not affect the shave. Because of this they are offering a $10 discount.

I have been all over my razor with a magnifying glass and if there is a flaw somewhere I cannot find it.

$general6.v01.jpg

$general9.v01.jpg

Being made entirely of aluminum alloy it is very light, around 1.5 oz. My impression after one shave (with a Feather AC Pro) is that it is a smooth shaver, somewhat more aggressive than an Alumigoose 2.

So far, I like it.

--Bob

dkeester & justino, would love to hear what you think of this razor once you get a chance to use yours. I have been wanting to try an SE using the Feather AC blades for a while.

I've also ordered one and it has been shipped yesterday. I am interested to compare with Mongoose and ATT Bamboo. I think the way they handled the whole issue should be praised and rewarded. If I have problems with batch 1 , I'll order batch 2 from them for a regular price, 50$ is tolerable

Interesting what happens with Asylum RX by BullGose. He mentioned end of August couple of times.

[MENTION=108562]dkeester[/MENTION] - Doug, thanks for taking the time and effort to post so many photos - a real looker!

I'm pulling up a seat next to Ron to see how you like it:thumbup1:

[MENTION=80140]davidsilva[/MENTION] you're welcome. It is the lightest razor that I own. It is also my first modern SE and my first Artist Club razor. So, my first couple of shaves might be an interesting experience, but I think it will be a great shave.

Two words... Highly recommended.

The shave was great, mild and efficient. When using the razor keep in mind that it is *very* lightweight, so it could be easy to apply too much pressure. I used a Feather Professional blade today. (It takes the same blades as the Mongoose, and I will be trying all of them.) It was easy to get under my nose. I had no problems going WTG and XTG. I got a two-pass DFS with no residual irritation. I am looking forward to using this razor again. (and again, and again.)

I really can't say more than what the YouTube reviews have said. This is a solidly made razor. It weighs next to nothing. It shaves really well and uses the same blades as the Mongoose. Oh, and it is a low cost entry into this category of razor.

I got mine for $50 due to it being one of the "flawed" batch 1 razors, and I am very happy with it after one shave. (I can't find a flaw in this razor.) At the $70 price it is still a really good deal. I haven't used the Alumigoose, but I image that The General compares favorably.

View attachment 686131

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Looks like they are all Facebook homed - so I'll pass. Not enough new to make me sign up for that to get information on a product,

I don't have a Facebook account and I have no problems reading the information that they post.

I do wish they had a website, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Aside from the Facebook dealbreaker, I'm generally not a fan of light or aluminum razors. Having already made in US of stainless steel Mongooses (Mongeese?) and the SE1 Bamboo in all honesty would be disinclined to try it anyway, Sorry if I have derailed the thread

"It Takes a Twit to Raise a Tweet"

Top Bottom