What's new

College Hockey

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Sentimentally I hope Quinnipiac wins but it's hard to dislike Minnesota. The people of Minnesota support amateur hockey from cradle to grave like noplace else. All but 5 of the guys on their team are homegrown Minnesota lads.

Owen Bawn

BU has alumni on The Stanley Cup Champions and our local ECHL Kelley Cup Champion Florida Everblades!
I see Albie O'Connell has taken an assistant's job at Arizona State as part of his career rehab. Good luck to him. Won't be surprised to see a few Massachusetts lads on the ASU roster soon.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Road trip, @FarmerTan! Your Sparties are playing a pair at BC, Thurs-Friday Oct 26-27.
Lol, can you put me up? I'm sure that Mrs. FarmerTan will need a break from me by then!

Thought of you last night my friend. We went to a steak house last night with my only begotten and his beautiful bride. This was staring at me during my meal: me Da's favorite hockey player (still the greatest in my proud opinion). The caption explains that it's a Gordie Howe hat trick: one goal, one assist, and one trip to the penalty box!
IMG_20230713_212639464~2.jpg

I'm a poor excuse for a father. I never had told my son this story: My Dad grew up in Detroit, and he was saw a LOT of hockey. He watched Gordie get his eyebrow sewn back to his forehead and skate right back on the ice. Lol, he needed Bob Probert!

It's funny: I kept looking at this foto and wondering "who is that good looking young man?" I finally got up and took this picture.

It's amazing what I go through to try and embarrass my family!

Owen Bawn

Lol, can you put me up? I'm sure that Mrs. FarmerTan will need a break from me by then!

Thought of you last night my friend. We went to a steak house last night with my only begotten and his beautiful bride. This was staring at me during my meal: me Da's favorite hockey player (still the greatest in my proud opinion). The caption explains that it's a Gordie Howe hat trick: one goal, one assist, and one trip to the penalty box!
View attachment 1686279
I'm a poor excuse for a father. I never had told my son this story: My Dad grew up in Detroit, and he was saw a LOT of hockey. He watched Gordie get his eyebrow sewn back to his forehead and skate right back on the ice. Lol, he needed Bob Probert!

It's funny: I kept looking at this foto and wondering "who is that good looking young man?" I finally got up and took this picture.

It's amazing what I go through to try and embarrass my family!
I live a few short hours south of you, so staying here would do nothing for either of us. I loved Mr Hockey. Saw him lay rookie Derek Sanderson out flat one night. Also saw him play with his sons on the Whalers. He opened a restaurant outside Hartford that was like a museum. He was in there every day, though I missed him both times I ate there.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I live a few short hours south of you, so staying here would do nothing for either of us. I loved Mr Hockey. Saw him lay rookie Derek Sanderson out flat one night. Also saw him play with his sons on the Whalers. He opened a restaurant outside Hartford that was like a museum. He was in there every day, though I missed him both times I ate there.
He was one of a kind. It must have been a thrill for him to play with his sons.

I still run into guys that my Dad coached in baseball that go out of their way to tell me what he meant to them. He'd be 97 now. So those guys are getting older too. He was a life coach before that was a thing. Miss him everyday. Tough, stubborn, Irish German. They don't make 'em like that anymore. And always a gentleman. Lol, the ladies loved him. But Mom owned his heart. Only times I ever really got his wrath was if I disrespected Mom. Those guys are rare today.

After hitting the post three times Friday night, I wasn’t ready to concede that BC is better, but after tonight, I have to. BC plays faster. I could see that watching their earlier games. Caron has really improved in net, but their goalie (Florida boy!) is better, especially with the glove. It’s gonna be tough to get to the Beanpot final…

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
1708994894614.png
Projecting the 2024 NCAA Hockey Tournament - The Road to the Frozen Four

ESPN - 26 Feb 24

"With the men's hockey season winding down, the selection of the NCAA tournament field is less than a month away. While some spots in the 16-team field are secure, there is a bigger and more unstable bubble of teams than usual scrapping for a chance to embark on the road to the Frozen Four.

The NCAA field includes the winners of the six conference tournaments -- Atlantic, Big Ten, CCHA, ECAC, Hockey East and NCHC -- and 10 at-large teams based on the PairWise rankings.
Conference tournaments will begin March 8, with the finals scheduled for March 23.
1708995035625.gif

Pairings for the NCAA tournament will be announced March 24, with regionals to be held March 28-31 in Springfield, Massachusetts; Sioux Falls, South Dakota; Providence, Rhode Island; and Maryland Heights, Missouri.

The Frozen Four will be held April 11-13 at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Here's a look at where the NCAA field stands, broken into tiers based on how secure each team's spot is, with teams listed in order of the PairWise rankings as of Feb. 26.

full
Each team's résumé includes an outlook by ESPN college hockey analyst Colby Cohen".

Read More: The Road To The Frozen Four

1708995008005.gif
"Believing that we are strong as one but extraordinary together". Sparty Quote

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
1711570932513.png
Just jumping in? Three things to know about Michigan State hockey as NCAA tourney starts.

Nathaniel Bott - Lansing State Journal - 27 Mar 24

"After capturing the Big Ten regular season and tournament crown, the Michigan State hockey program is back in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2012. The Spartans earned a No. 1 seed in the Maryland Heights regional, where it will play No. 4 seed Western Michigan on Friday.

proxy.php

MSU (24-9-3) had its first season with over 20 wins since the 2007-2008 team and is making its 28th NCAA Tournament appearance. MSU has three national titles: 1966, 1986, and 2007. MSU coach Adam Nightingale was named the Big Ten Coach of the Year in his second season with the Spartans.
1711572080052.gif

Munn Ice Arena boasted a sellout crowd with regularity this season, but for Spartan fans who are just now jumping on the hockey bandwagon, here are three things to know as MSU makes a push for the Frozen Four.

Freshmen Artyom Levshunov, Trey Augustine are a big deal ;)

MSU has a talented group up-and-down the roster, but two freshmen have come up huge for the Spartans time and time again.

FOLLOW THE MADNESS: NCAA tournament brackets, scores, schedules, teams and more.

Defenseman Artyom Levshunov was a late addition to the roster in the summer, but that hasn't slowed the 18-year-old Belarusian blue-liner from turning in a big-time freshman season.

proxy.php

MSU Defenseman Artyom Levshunov

Levshunov was named both the Big Ten Freshman of the Year and Big Ten Defenseman of the Year, as well as earning a spot on the All-Big Ten First Team. Levshunov leads the team in points with 34 (nine goals, 25 assists) and led the entire conference in plus-minus at a plus 26. [...]

Goaltender Trey Augustine was named to the All-Big Ten Second Team, and his performance in net during his first year in East Lansing has been nothing short of outstanding.
1711571843466.gif

Augustine has started 33 games for MSU, sporting a 2.88 goals-against average with a .918 save percentage. He was the primary goaltender for Team USA's World Juniors squad that captured gold in Sweden and is no stranger to being ready in the big moments. He'll have to be that way again for the Spartans to win the Maryland Heights regional.

proxy.php

MSU Goaltender Trey Augustine

Read More: NCAA Tournament...things to know

1708995008005.gif
"Believing that we are strong as one but extraordinary together". Sparty Quote

Top Bottom