What's new

College Hockey

I’d rather not see Michigan in Tampa. I think half the state is in west Florida already.
Good luck getting tickets. I am sure BU or QP would prefer support from FL vs. selling tickets to MN or MI. After the first games then two teams are likely uninterested - was my experience in mid 2000’s.

We were able to buy 4 tickets for Thursday’s games today. They are essentially nose bleeds, but I’ll be happy just to see my first Frozen Four. I was not surprised to hear the announcer mention, soon after Michigan scored the game winner, that tickets will be scarce. If BU wins Thursday, I’ll bet we can easily score tickets for the championship.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Last night was the anniversary of the 2021 UMDuluth vs No Dakota game. The 5 OT game that UMD won, 3-2. I couldn't turn it off. By the third OT the kids could barely skate.

Owen Bawn

If BU wins the natty I will have taught an NCAA champion coach (Jay Pandolfo) and a Stanley Cup winning coach (Penguins' Mike Sullivan) when they were in high school. Two different high schools.

Mike Sullivan and David Quinn were in the same Psychology of Sport class I took at BU! I would bet Coach Pandolfo took the same class, but he is a bit younger.

Two losses in the Final Four for the Florida teams tonight. My son went to FAU and I did grad school at UM. I don't know if I can take a loss Thursday night!

Owen Bawn

Mike Sullivan and David Quinn were in the same Psychology of Sport class I took at BU! I would bet Coach Pandolfo took the same class, but he is a bit younger.

Two losses in the Final Four for the Florida teams tonight. My son went to FAU and I did grad school at UM. I don't know if I can take a loss Thursday night!
I lived in Delray Beach for a couple years and moonlighted teaching nights and summers at FAU. At that time the place was a few ugly concrete buildings on flat sandy ground with no landscaping and little vegetation.

I lived in Delray Beach for a couple years and moonlighted teaching nights and summers at FAU. At that time the place was a few ugly concrete buildings on flat sandy ground with no landscaping and little vegetation.
It has changed for the better since, but it is still a part of that seemingly endless S FL sprawl from the Atlantic to the Everglades, Dade County to Palm Beach County, and I don't care if I never drive to Boca again. My nephew is at FAU now. My wife's grandmother had a condo right on the beach in Delray that I visited only once. That was worth the drive from Miami. Had I seen it earlier, I would have driven up more frequently to surf!

Owen Bawn

It has changed for the better since, but it is still a part of that seemingly endless S FL sprawl from the Atlantic to the Everglades, Dade County to Palm Beach County, and I don't care if I never drive to Boca again. My nephew is at FAU now. My wife's grandmother had a condo right on the beach in Delray that I visited only once. That was worth the drive from Miami. Had I seen it earlier, I would have driven up more frequently to surf!
The 1998 Frozen Four was in Boston. Michigan defeated BC for the title. I watched it on TV in a Delray Beach oceanside bar called "Boston's." Place was full of Boston memorabilia. Jerry York's first FF at BC.

Owen Bawn

This NASA photo confirms what I've always said about Florida. On Florida's east coat we have a 450 mile long strip mall. On the Gulf coast we have a 300 mile long strip mall. These two strip malls are separated by a gator infested swamp.

fla.jpg

I’d be happy to root for BC in the Frozen Four!
A5DDB6B4-602F-49E9-B3C3-505AB378A3E9.jpeg
Not the ending we’d hoped for. :-(
So many penalties. Not sure what happened at the end of the second period, but that penalty was the killer after a solid period.

Minnesota travels. That stadium was 2/3 Gopher.

Rooting for Quinnipiac in game 2 just for East coast representation in the final.

After getting to a Frozen Four and World Series, I will still say nothing compares to the atmosphere of the Beanpot!

Hard to win with so many penalties.

Perhaps Gavin Newsom will attend and announce Bruin and Golden Bear hockey?

Need to celebrate opportunity and amateur sport. Beanpot and Frozen Four are great events.

I’d be happy to root for BC in the Frozen Four!
View attachment 1633784
Not the ending we’d hoped for. :-(
So many penalties. Not sure what happened at the end of the second period, but that penalty was the killer after a solid period.

Minnesota travels. That stadium was 2/3 Gopher.

Rooting for Quinnipiac in game 2 just for East coast representation in the final.

After getting to a Frozen Four and World Series, I will still say nothing compares to the atmosphere of the Beanpot!

The scoreboard should have been 7-2, but refs are human too, or so they say. 😀
Minnesota is a fast team but that Florida ice looked like it added another gear. BU played well but just couldn’t keep up. Saturday night should be fun. Let’s go Gophers!

It’s been a fun night! Not going Saturday, but tickets are available. With a few minutes left, it looks like Quinnipiac is going to the final.

Fighting Sioux logo was/is banned from hosting NCAA tournament games. Ralph put as many Fighting Sioux logos in the Ralph as he could; the palace of hockey. QP is going to need fans! Happy then knocked of the blue and maze. I am rooting for the Gophers Saturday. I have never seen QP in person; but seen the Gophers many times. QP is the underdog everywhere - home town and home state.

Zach Parise wore the Fighting Sioux logo when I attended the Frozen Four.

Last edited:
Hamden?? I grew up in CT as well. Where did that program come from?! I was surprised to see how many Quinnipiac fans showed up, but they will be way outnumbered. Hoping they get their first title.

Top Bottom