What's new

Carry-on Air Travel. A DE solution??

The cockpits are reinforced and locked. Its highly doubtful an individual will gain entrance to the cockpit utilizing a de blade to chop the door down.
As for holding hostages with a de blade, there are a million other benign looking objects that can do far more damage. So what's the point of the ban.
Allow passengers to check a small personal hygiene bag. A small one that will be opened and searched, which can contain only select approved items. Than store them near the doors and return them as passengers exit the plane.
Its simple, cost effective, and can help alleviate the discomfort of air travel.

Its ridiculous that passengers are treated like criminals and are forced to shave with electrics or disposals.
50 years ago, if they tried this nonsense the airports would be empty, with the possible exception of international flights.

You're exactly right. From what I understand, someone who is properly trained can kill someone with almost anything, such as a pencil.

You're exactly right. From what I understand, someone who is properly trained can kill someone with almost anything, such as a pencil.

Properly trained, someone can kill you with their bare hands. Or, a rolled up magazine. Or, a shoe lace. Or, a handle from a carry-on suitcase...

...but I digress.

That being said:

I always make a venture out and about to find DE blades when traveling. I've discovered my best "shaving secrets" when wandering around looking for DE blades. You never know what you'll find in that "out-of-the-way" store that offers Derby's for a buck and change a pack.

1. Check your bags

2. If you must lug your stuff through airports and want a shaving experience similar to home:
- Bic Sensitive (or metal)--single blade and no pivot, low cost
- Palmolive stick (or Arko, Speick, Taylors, etc.) or low volume tube of SC (check TSA, but I think 100ml is ok)
- Wee Scot (or small brush of your choice)

Shopping at destination and/or mailing blades not required to be clean shaven while traveling. I spent 223 days in travel status in 2011, shave 365 days/year and the above work just fine for me.

Thanks all... Some great ideas here! I have preferred checking a bag... For the extra 20 mins it takes to wait for your bag tocome thru, it's not the end of the world; however, for overnights, I have a small case I don't mind schlepping into the overhead bin.

I have not found any Bic Metals, but have ordered some Gillette Guard disposables from Joseph at the Italian Barber. I also have been trying Vitos brushless shave, which is a fantastic product and I can put it into a little travel tube... If I'm taking a brush, I really like the QED shave sticks to travel with, but I find they dry out my face... I may try an Arko shave stick If I can find them, or Joseph also has he Valobra sticks, which will be in my next order.

Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions.

Michael

Bad move.
Accidents happen, but this is positively not the thing to do.
Aside from the potential for delays, fines etc for yourself, think of the inconvenience this places on everyone in line behind you if you get caught.

No razor blades in carry-on.

the funny thing about changi airport is, they dont take your things away and throw them away, rather they just take them off you and send them in the cargo (i think!) where you pick them up upon arrival.

The last time I traveled I took a can of goo & a disposable. I had a rash for a week afterwards. I will never use canned goo again. I will get a Bic, or a metal, and a brush & cream I can carry with me.
Johnnie

I bring along a Bic single blade disposable. Not a DE but at least the single blade doesn't irritate as much as a multi blade design. Cheap too.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Has anyone tried Woody's All Natural Body/Hair/Shave bar soap? It used to be called 'Meat & Potatoes'. Excellent lather and It is very slick and moisturizing. Works great on washing body and hair also. Probably the closest thing to a all-in-one travel soap I've seen.

Top Bottom