What's new

Brown Leaf Acquisitions - November 2023

I can't remember the last time I got to start the monthly Tobacqisitions thread, but this came yesterday...

20231104_082719.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
This past week, some of my son's codger favorites for him, in advance of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

About 10 pouches of SWR, SWRA, H&H, and (gasp!) CB Original. All fresh production Danish-made 🙄.

And some filters for his Grabows, and pipe cleaners, and a big can of good butane.

Pouches, because of how he smokes. He does not puff at my pace, and is not very fastidious about storage. Even today's little 7oz STG 'tubs' would wind up stale. A full tub of PA would be out of the question. And especially not from my remaining US stash.

When I am gone, he can enjoy all the old US versions from my cellar. Provided I leave any behind ... because I'm not going just yet.

Just got this in the mail today, I figured rather than using it as an ash tray I could use it as a valet for drying and packing my pipe. I never have my ash hanging around and I usually dump it in the garbage when I’m done. I really like the holder and I hope it helps with getting things ready for enjoyment easier for me.

Larry

image.jpg

Just got Carter Hall match, Edgeworth Ready Rub match, and Sutliff Christmas Spice for the holiday season.

Larry

View attachment 1748568
I know the first two blends and have some of each in my stash right now. Though I don't think I've ever mixed them. The Edgeworth Match is such an odd cut that I have trouble keeping it lit unless I mix it with something more conventional like Capt. Black.

I know the first two blends and have some of each in my stash right now. Though I don't think I've ever mixed them. The Edgeworth Match is such an odd cut that I have trouble keeping it lit unless I mix it with something more conventional like Capt. Black.

I didn’t plan on mixing the Edgeworth BUT, I have a lot of C&D black cavendish that might come in handy for that. Mr. Trent kinda got me interested in adding codger blends to my cellar. I think enough leaf stored in mason jars and some in tins to last 2 lifetimes. :laugh:

Larry

SP is offering their "Buy a new Peterson, get a tin of Wintertime Reserve Blend" again this year for Nov. and Dec. The "Hearthside" blend looks pretty good. Anybody try it? How's the strength?

As for the pipe, I'm thinking about a Dublin like the Irish Harp 120. I don't have such a shape in my collection.

Top Bottom